Awareness. Dialogue. Collaboration.
For more than 100 years, warfighter support has stood at the heart of NDIA's mission. As a non-partisan and non-profit educational association, NDIA provides our military and government members opportunities to ethically engage with the defense industry at local and national levels.
Our complimentary three-year government membership provides current government employees and members of the U.S. and Allied Nation militaries (Active Duty, Guard, and Reserve) with access to:
Explore cutting-edge technologies and best practices at NDIA’s industry-leading events and through our Emerging Technologies and Business Institutes.
Engage in critical discussions with the industry’s top innovators, academic experts, and thought leaders from all three branches of government on mission-critical topics.
Directly connect with leaders in your field and prospective employers through national events, Division forums, and local Chapter activities.
Enjoy free and discounted entry to industry meetings, conferences, and events hosted by NDIA and our Affiliates.
Stay up to date on the latest issues, policies, and legislation impacting defense and national security with our e-newsletters and award-winning publications.
Collaborate with your peers on NDIA Connect, our exclusive members-only online discussion community, and through participation in our functional Divisions and local Chapters.
The following groups are eligible for NDIA's three-year complimentary government membership:
- U.S. Military:
Currently serving U.S. military personnel from all armed service components (Active Duty, Guard, and Reserve) and branches (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, and Space Force)
- U.S. Government Employees:
Employees of U.S. federal, state, and local government organizations
- Exceptions: PTACs, FFRDCs, or State University employees are not eligible for this membership type*
- Allied and Partner Nations:
Allied military and government employees** who are citizens of:
- Nations belonging to the NATO Alliance
- Japan, Australia, or New Zealand
- Nations with which the United States maintains a Reciprocal Procurement Agreement
- Nations with which the U.S. Department of Defense has specifically asked the Association to conduct meetings and enhance the communications on an industry-to-industry basis.
Government Membership Application - Download/Print/View Government Membership Application (PDF)