Is your Institution interested in exploring DoD research and technology development opportunities and engaging directly with DoD and/or defense companies to pursue collaboration? If so, we invite you to consider corporate membership in the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA).
Based in Arlington, Virginia, NDIA—the trusted leader in defense and national security associations—is a non-profit, educational association representing industry, government, and academia. NDIA:
- Promotes collaboration to deliver cutting-edge technology, weapons, equipment, training, and support to warfighters and first responders
- Convenes ethical forums connecting experts from government, academia, and the defense industry to define threats and design solutions to ensure U.S. and partner national security.
- Engages thoughtful and innovative leaders to exchange ideas, information, and capabilities that lead to the development of the best policies, practices, products, and technologies to ensure the safety and security of our nation.
NDIA’s membership embodies the full spectrum of corporate, government, academic, and individual stakeholders who form a vigorous, responsive, and collaborative community in support of defense and national security.
NDIA offers academic institutions a special introductory dues rate for the first three years of membership:
$500 per year or $1,200 for three years. After three years, academic institutions’ dues are based on defense revenues—the formula we use for corporate members.
NDIA Corporate Membership keeps your organization connected to the people and information necessary for success. Read on to learn about NDIA corporate member benefits.
- Complimentary Individual Membership for all your employees: NDIA Corporate Membership provides great value to organizations that want to provide their employees with performance-maximizing information and professional development opportunities.
- COVID-19 updates: As we navigate these turbulent times, NDIA is actively working to keep members
informed of the latest coronavirus-related impacts on the strength and resiliency of the defense industrial base. Please note that we post all DoD information related to COVID-19 at NDIA.org/Coronavirus. In addition to DoD information, content created by NDIA staff is available to members via their NDIA Connect account.
- Exclusive Member-Only events and webinars on topics of interest to individuals working on defense challenges. Leveraging the insight and engagement of our Strategy & Policy Team, NDIA webinars cover topics ranging from Foreign Military Sales, to Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution, to the Federal Acquisition Regulations, to the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification.
- NDIA CONNECT: An online community providing broad resources for defense professionals, NDIA Connect is the newest member benefit of NDIA and its Affiliates. All employees listed on the corporate roster have 24/7 access to the platform, and we invite you to explore the platform’s general and specialized communities, discussion threads, document libraries, and expanded collaboration functionalities.
- Over 150 targeted networking opportunities throughout the year with NDIA Conferences, Exhibitions, Divisions and Working Groups, and local Chapter activities, many of which offer discounted pricing and/or member-only participation.
- Industry news and insights each month in National Defense Magazine and various e-newsletters, including Defense Watch and Policy Digest.
- A complimentary listing in the online Mega Directory, a search engine where government purchasers and potential industry partners can learn about your institution’s products and services.
- Membership in an organization that educates government stakeholders on policy matters of importance to US defense, with focus this upcoming year on:
- Acquisition Modernization
- Technological Superiority
- Industrial Base Strategic Vision
If you are interested in joining, please contact us at membership@NDIA.org. We will be happy to set up a call to discuss how your organization can take advantage of NDIA Membership to achieve your institution’s strategic objectives.
Academia Application (PDF)