Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Information related to NDIA Meetings, Conferences, & Events affected by COVID-19 can be found on this page as well on individual event landing pages.
The National Defense Industrial Association is closely following developments regarding COVID-19 and diligently examining each event to determine the best course of action.
The health and safety of our members, registrants, exhibitors, and staff constitute our highest priority, and we will continually monitor reports from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) in order to adjust plans as needed.
NDIA is implementing all guidance and recommended safety measures issued by WHO, CDC, DoD, and OPM as well as state and local health authorities. We will work with all conference partners to ensure the safety of all meeting and conference participants.
All participants can expect to see heightened levels of cleanliness and on-site accommodations to actively encourage all participants to take common-sense precautions following CDC guidelines.
The CDC and WHO websites are the best resources for staying up to date on this rapidly evolving situation.
If you have inquiries regarding either COVID-19 or any subsequent issues facing your company, please direct them to email@example.com—an email inbox dedicated to collecting such messages.
- NDIA Missile Defense Day on the Hill —
March 24, 2020
- NDIA Space Division Breakfast —
March 31, 2020
- DC Chapter’s Annual Swing for Freedom Golf Tournament —
May 8, 2020
- Joint All Domain Command & Control (JADC2) and All Domain Warfare Symposium —
June 22 – 24, 2020
- S&ET Division Executive Breakfast Series —
March 26, 2020
- 2020 Undersea Warfare Spring Conference —
March 30 –April 1, 2020 2020 Munitions Executive Summit — March 30 –April 1, 2020 The 31st Annual NDIA SO/LIC Symposium — March 31 –April 1, 2020
- April 2020 Procurement Division Meeting —
April 14, 2020
- 2020 Precision Strike Annual Review (PSAR-20) —
April 14 – 15, 2020
- 21st Annual Science & Engineering Technology Conference —
April 15 – 17, 20202020 NDIA Joint Armaments and Robotics (& Munitions) Conference & Exhibition — April 27 – 30, 2020 Spring 2020 Integrated Program Management Division Meeting — April 28 – 29, 2020
- NTSA – MODSIM World 2020 —
May 5 – 7, 2020 Agile in Government — May 6 – 7, 2020 63rd Annual Fuze Conference — May 11 – 13, 2020
- 2020 Special Operations Forces Industry Conference (SOFIC) —
May 11 – 14, 2020
- NTSA – STCF —
May 12, 2020 Ronald Reagan Missile Defense Conference — May 18 – 19, 2020
- Spring 2020 Joint NDIA/AIA Industrial Security Conference —
May 18 – 20, 2020
- 35th Annual National Test & Evaluation Conference —
June 2 – 4, 2020
- Expeditionary Warfare Division Annual Meeting —
June 3, 2020 NTSA Capitol Hill M&S Expo — July 9, 2020
- CBRN Defense Conference & Exhibition — July 27
- 2020 Global Explosive Ordnance Disposal Symposium and Exhibition — August 11 – 13, 2020
- 2020 International Explosives Safety Symposium and Exhibition — August 11 – 13, 2020
- DLA Land & Maritime Supplier Conference and Exhibition — August 25
- 2020 Undersea Warfare Fall Conference —
September 21 – 23, 2020
- CDM Course and Exam —
September 18 – 20, 2020
- September Defense Systems Acquisition Management (DSAM) Course – September 21 – 25, 2020
- NDIA Joint Armaments, Robotics, and Munitions Conference & Exhibition —
September 28 – October 1, 2020
- 31st Annual NDIA SO/LIC Symposium —
October 1 – 2, 2020
- Fall 2020 Joint NDIA/AIA Industrial Security Conference —
October 13 – 15, 2020 CDM Course and Exam — October 15 – 17, 2020
- 23rd Annual Systems and Mission Engineering Conference —
October 19 – 22, 2020
- 2020 Aircraft Survivability Symposium —
November 3 – 5, 2020
SMALL BUSINESS SURVEY
NDIA COVID-19 Policy Actions (Letter Links & Descriptions) & Important Information
12/02/2020 - Per Dr. Chris Michienzi’s presentation - Updated list of Italian-USA DoP Code of Conduct (COC) on Security of Supply Subscribers.
Links to the monthly DLA Small Business Outreach Calendar and the next monthly webinar on 9 December:
11/20/2020 - In support of the Defense Logistics Agency’s (DLA) Industry Engagement Plan, DLA has established the Supplier Satisfaction Survey effort sponsored by DLA Acquisition. This voluntary survey will help DLA better understand what factors drive supplier satisfaction.
Here is a link to the survey:https://www.dibbs.bsm.dla.mil/notices/msgdspl.aspx?msgid=1046
11/20/2020 - Below is the response from DLA regarding an update on the DLA Working Capital Fund (DWCF):
- “DLA continues to actively manage our spending on new contracts. DLA is working with OSD and Service Logistics leadership on managing obligation authority and customer requirements. It is anticipated that obligation authority will be provided for DLA to sustain awarding contracts to the industrial base commensurate with demand from the Military Services.”
11/20/2020 - Here is a link to DDASD Murray’s National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) keynote:https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News/Article/Article/2416891/small-businesses-key-to-nations-defense/
10/21/2020 - The National Strategy for Critical Emerging Technologies (CET) was released by the White House last Thursday. It promotes and protects 20 world-changing critical emerging technologies in the organic innovation base.
Here is a link to the CET:https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/National-Strategy-for-CET.pdf
10/21/2020 - To learn more about the US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) please click the following link:https://www.dfc.gov/dpa
10/7/2020 - USD Lord hosted a press briefing with ASD(A) Kevin Fahey and PDASD(A) Stacy Cummings on the topic of “Adaptive Acquisition Framework” and to answer questions from reporters on A&S initiatives.
Here is a link to the media engagement: https://www.defense.gov/Watch/Live-Events/#/?currentVideo=24984
10/1/2020 - USD Lord testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) Subcommittee on Readiness and Management Support on the topic of “Supply Chain Integrity.”
Here is a link to the Hearing: https://www.armed-services.senate.gov/hearings/20-09-16-supply-chain-integrity
9/16/2020 - The transcript of Ms. Lord’s recent Keynote at the Defense One Conference on 9 September -
8/26/2020 - JATF Portal Q&A
Q: Where can companies go for information on potential opportunities to support COVID requirements now that the JATF portal has closed?
During the current COVID-19 public health emergency, the JATF has provided assisted acquisition support to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The JATF has used the industry portal as well and the Commercial Solutions Opening to solicit concepts from industry in support of domestic industrial capacity for HHS COVID-19 response priorities. At this time, DoD is not currently supporting a specific requirement from HHS for assisted acquisition. We encourage companies to monitor the HHS Broad Agency Announcement website https://www.phe.gov/ASPRNext/Pages/default.aspx and beta.SAM.gov for ongoing government requirements.
Q: Who can companies talk to about the CSO for PPE – specifically disposable gowns? The association was questioning the rejection of a disposable gown CSO submission.
As identified in the CSO, paragraph 1.6.1.j, Solutions Briefs that are not invited to a Spiral Phase 2 Oral Presentation or Spiral Phase 3 Request for CSP will be notified in writing as soon as practicable. Further verbal feedback may be provided, upon request, at the Contracting/Agreements Officer’s discretion. Debriefings to unsuccessful offerors shall be provided upon request in accordance with provisions and timelines of FAR 52.212-1.
For more information, please contact the Contracting Officer, undersigned, at JATFCSO_AOI_GLOVESGOWNS@afwerx.af.mil.
7/24/2020 - DoD Implementation Memo for 889(a)(1)(B) from DPC.
The General Services Administration (GSA) has created a webpage for information on the Section 889 FAR Rules. GSA invites industry to participate in two webinars:
1) GSA's Office of Small Business Utilization is hosting a webinar on Section 889 on July 30, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern and
2) GSA is hosting a live and recorded virtual webinar on August 12, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern.
Questions about the webinars and registration should be addressed to GSA directly through their website.
7/15/2020 - Upcoming Webinar - FedMall: How DoD Small Businesses Can Purchase & Sell PPE
Date: Wednesday, July 22
Time: 3:00 PM (EDT)
7/8/2020 - DPC memo on Guidance for Assessment of Other COVID-19 Related Impacts and Costs signed on 2 July 2020
7/8/2020 - DPC response to question from industry on P&R’s Force Health Protection Supplement 10 (June 11, 2020):
- DPC Response:
- The reference in the P&R Force Health Protection Supplement 10 (11 June 2020) was intended to enable situations when Government testing requirements would be extended to contractor personnel working in shared workplaces for public health safety of the total force.
- A current example of exiting contractual coverage for medical screening is health screening requirements at deployment processing centers prior to deployment into the area of responsibility (AOR) for contractor personnel accompanying the force.
- DPC is working with the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness (OUSD(P&R)) and Health Affairs to both partner on any future requirements, but also examine the need for broader guidance to contracting officers on this specific topic.
Will there be any additional guidance to COs regarding this element of P&R’s Force Health Protection Supplement 10 (June 11, 2020)—specifically, the statement that: “Employees of DoD contractors will use the processes for medical care to access testing as set forth in the terms of the contract under which they are performing. As necessary, existing contracts should be modified to set forth processes to provide access to testing.”
- A&S and the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) signed an MOA. The MOA formalizes the relationship between the two organizations as outlined in Executive Order 13922, which delegated authority to DFC to execute loans using DPA Title III in support of the response to COVID-19.
- Members of industry can go to the following DFC website to review loan eligibility, conditions, and send applications: https://www.dfc.gov/dpa
COVID-19 Joint Acquisition Task Force (JATF) - Industry Day Company Registration Link - https://www.dla.mil/HQ/Acquisition/Business/JointIndustryEngagementVirtual/
JATF POC for Questions/Concerns/Ideas:
- If you have questions/concerns/ideas you would like to share with the JATF team, please reach out to Brennan Grignon (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kim Feinstein (email@example.com) and they will be able to assist.
- The JATF and its co-host, DLA, are interested in both producers and consumers of PPE to attend the event. They are also interest in the trade associations representing their members' concerns and demands for PPE to help drive the purchase of domestically produced items.
Please reach out to Kim Feinstein (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Brennan Grignon (email@example.com) if you would like to present. An agenda for the two-day event will be posted on the website tomorrow. Thank you in advance for your support.
6/17/2020 – Below is the DCMA Defense Industrial Base report:
- The highest number of DIB closures was 148; and occurred on 12 April 2020
- The total number of closures currently is (2) two, as of 17 June 2020
- he total Cumulative reopenings is 267 as of 17 June 2020
- The average time of DIB closures is 40.5 days; and the average time to reopen is 20.3 days.
6/11/2020 – On 11 June 2020, the Department release the attached Force Health Protection Guidance Supplements 10 and 11. Supplement 10 provides guidance on clinical diagnostic COVID-19 testing for eligible persons with DoD suspected of having contracted COVID-19. Supplement 11 provides guidance on the Department’s surveillance strategy for COVID-19, including health surveillance activities, screening, asymptomatic testing, and sentinel surveillance testing. For additional an additional overview of these supplements, please visit the DoD Newsroom releases here:
- Force Health Protection Guidance – Supplement 10:https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2219038/force-health-protection-guidance-supplement-10/
- Force Health Protection Guidance – Supplement 11:https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2219066/force-health-protection-guidance-supplement-11/
The below link and attached description were sent out last month, however, as a reminder, the DPA Title III Executive Agent program office utilizes a standing Hybrid Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) on Beta.Sam.gov—the mechanism by which DPA Title III engages with industry—for the purpose of creating, maintaining, protecting, expanding, or restoring domestic industrial base capabilities essential to national defense. This is for those companies interested in requesting DPA Title III investment supportoutside of the JATF efforts for expanding medical and personal protective equipment capabilities. For detailed information about the FOA, visithttps://beta.sam.gov/opp/da912c3ffe60df6c300811133930f9fb/view?keywords=FA86%2050-19-S-5010&sort=-relevance&index=&is_active=true&page=1.
6/10/2020 – DLA is in the process of launching a new corridor on FedMall to provide access to non-medical PPE for DoD small business partners. FedMall provides world-class, enterprise-wide, customer centric e-Commerce purchasing capability that supports and equips all government agencies in meeting their mission. There are now opportunities to sell products on FedMall’s Marketplace without going through the traditional government contracting process. By participating in this effort, products will be available for purchase by government contractors who are in desperate need of non-Medical PPE to continue their mission of supporting Federal, State and Local agencies world-wide.
The FedMall Contingency Store is ready for vendors now. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to supply your products globally, without a government contract, on the FedMall Marketplace.
6/3/2020 – The Treasury mailbox for companies to submit questions about their loan applications:CARESActNationalSecurity@treasury.gov
6/3/2020 – DCMA’s letter to AIA on contract closeout deadlines.
6/3/2020 – Several new products have been added to DoD Cyber Exchange public COVID-19 website:https://public.cyber.mil/covid19
5/29/2020 – The Project Spectrum website offers cybersecurity resources for small business: https://projectspectrum.io
5/29/2020 – For information on Wednesday’s small business webinar, visit ‘The Future of Telework: Successful Practices for the Virtual Environment’
5/27/2020 – Pentagon Reservation Plan for Resilience and Aligning with National Guidelines forOpening Up America Again:
5/27/2020 – DoD CIO memo on “Authorized Telework Capabilities and Guidance”
5/20/2020 – The DPA Title III Executive Agent program office utilizes a standing Hybrid Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) on Beta.Sam.gov—the mechanism by which DPA Title III engages with industry—for the purpose of creating, maintaining, protecting, expanding, or restoring domestic industrial base capabilities essential to national defense. This is for those companies interested in requesting DPA Title III investment support outside of the JATF efforts for expanding medical and personal protective equipment capabilities. For detailed information about the FOA, visit https://beta.sam.gov/opp/da912c3ffe60df6c300811133930f9fb/view?keywords=FA86%2050-19-S-5010&sort=-relevance&index=&is_active=true&page=1
5/20/2020 – Defense Production Act, Title III White Paper Process
5/20/2020 – Defense Production Act, Title III Program Overview
5/20/2020 – A list of lenders willing to take on DIB small business as new clients can be found at:
5/18/2020 – DoD CIO’s latest public guidance on telework can be found at:
5/18/2020 – DRAFT - DoD Process for Section 3610 Reimbursement: Implementation Guidance
5/18/2020 – DoD Process for Section 3610 Reimbursement
5/11/2020 – NDIA - COVID-19 Second Survey Preliminary Results
5/11/2020 – What does the Defense Industrial Base need to reopen and/or recover from COVID-19?
Summary of Responses from Industry Associations
5/9/2020 – DAU and the Office of Small Business Programs within Industrial Policy are hosting a webinar on Wednesday, May 13 at 3:00pm EST. The topic is “DPC Policy Guidance” featuring Mr. Kim Herrington. For more details, visit:
5/9/2020 – The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Office of Small Business Programs monthly webinar provides small businesses and others with information about DLA's mission and business opportunities within DLA supply chains.
This month’s webinar is Wednesday, 13 May 2020 at 2:00pm EST. To register, please send the following information via email to Alandra.Jones@dla.mil.
- Organization/Company Name
- Attendees Name
- Business Size
- Session date
- Please list your North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes for your company's core competencies (list up to 5)
5/9/2020 – Industrial Policy’s new Trusted Capital webpage is available at: https://www.businessdefense.gov/Trusted-Capital/
5/9/2020 – Defense Pricing and Contracting (DPC) COVID-19 Guidance Provided for the Contracting Community
5/9/2020 – Defense Pricing and Contracting Actions in Response to COVID-19
5/9/2020 – Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment Capabilities
5/4/2020 – Secretary of Defense letter to Defense Industrial Base Workforce
5/4/2020 – DPC process for 3610 reimbursement:
5/4/2020 – CIO guidance on DoD use of peripheral computer equipment
5/3/2020 – Transcript from USD Lord’s COVID-19 response press briefing yesterday:
5/3/2020 – In response to industry’s question on COVID-19 issues impacting contractor performance ratings, attached is DPC’s guidance with the applicable sentence highlighted.
5/3/2020 – The recording of INSA’s supply chain webinar is located at:
4/30/2020 – Section 4003 of the CARES Act and how Treasury is implementing the tranche of $17 billion associated with national security companies.
- The application can be accessed on the Treasury website, through a page dedicated to the CARES Act (https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/cares/preserving-jobs-for-american-industry) and (https://forms.treasury.gov/caresact/NationalSecurityLoanRequest)
- From Treasury’s FAQs: What is “a business critical to maintaining national security”?
A business critical to maintaining national security is one that, unless otherwise approved as set forth below, is at the time of the business’s application:
(1) performing under a “DX”-priority rated contract or order under the Defense Priorities and Allocations System regulations (15 CFR part 700); or
(2) operating under a valid top secret facility security clearance under the National Industrial Security Program regulations (32 CFR part 2004).
Applicants that do not satisfy either of these two criteria may be considered for loans if, based on a recommendation and certification by the Secretary of Defense or the Director of National Intelligence that the applicant business is critical to maintaining national security, the Secretary of the Treasury determines that the applicant business is critical to maintaining national security. Businesses that do not meet these criteria may nonetheless be eligible for assistance under other CARES Act programs.
- Per Treasury: Borrowers are encouraged to submit their completed application materials by 3:00 p.m. EDT on May 1, 2020, for expedited review. Applications received after 3:00 p.m. on May 1, 2020, may not be considered, but the Treasury Department may, in its discretion and subject to the availability of funds, consider such applications for approval.
4/27/2020 – USD(I) checked and confirmed that the attached SWFT Vendor list is the most current version—there have been no updates since last June.
If any in industry wish to add a vendor to the list, they can submit a request to DMDC (Defense Manpower Data Center) firstname.lastname@example.org. The DMDC SWFT website is also a good resource:https://psa.dmdc.osd.mil/psawebdocs/docPage.jsp?p=SWFT.
4/27/2020 – DAU Webcasts: Defense Small Business Series: Foreign Investment: Tools for Small Businesses and How DoD Can Help
4/24/2020 – Implementation Guidance for Section 3610 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act FAQs
4/24/2020 – Updated Treasury FAQs on PPP:
4/24/2020 – Navy consolidated long range forecast that comprises 7 of the 10 major Navy buying Commands:
4/24/2020 – Navy consolidated long range forecast that comprises 7 of the 10 major Navy buying Commands:
4/24/2020 – The UK Ministry of Defense is collecting information on supply chain interruptions.
If companies are having difficulties delivering due to restrictions in the UK, they can seek guidance by emailing DefComrcl-COVIDemail@example.com
4/24/2020 – DLA hosts monthly webinars to educate small businesses and others about DLA's mission and opportunities to participate in contracts.
The next DLA webinar is scheduled for May 13 at 2:00pm Eastern Time, and attendees can register by sending an email toAlandra.Jones@dla.mil. You can find this and the schedule for future webinars atwww.dla.mil/SmallBusiness/ For a video about opportunities with DLA, visit https://youtu.be/40aJUVWgz4A
4/24/2020 – USD(I) is closely monitoring the security challenges posed by the pandemic and stands ready to assist industry.
To that end, DoD has approved a number of companies to provide fingerprint services to the MilDeps, Agencies, and Industry. OUSDI&S learned that FieldPrint is the largest of the vendors with more than 1300 locations across the United States and its territories. DoD encourages those interested to go through the list of approved vendors to see which one best meets their needs.
4/24/2020 - FEMA fact sheet: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: Addressing PPE Needs in Non-Healthcare Setting