The Honorable Peter B. Teets Award
Criteria: The NDIA Space Division’s award recognizes public or private sector leadership or achievement that results in significant contributions to the development, introduction, operational contribution or support of space systems. The recipient(s) must be of notable influence and in their distinguished service, must have made significant contributions that have led to the strengthening of our national security by direct application of space capabilities and/or to the enhancement of our industrial technology base with application to space technology. Following the process of the last 4 years, we seek to select two award winners.
- One winner will represent exemplary government service
- One winner will be for outstanding service to the space industry.
Nominations: Nominations may only be submitted by NDIA members. A paragraph or two stating the nominee’s accomplishments is sufficient. Time frame for submission is the middle of May.
Presentation: The Honorable Peter B. Teets Awards will be presented during the Annual Awards Dinner at the Westfields Marriott in Chantilly, Virginia on July 31, 2018.
- 2016 Government Winner: Lt. Gen. Sam Greaves, Commander of SMC, Air Force Space Command
- 2016 Industry Winner: Rick Ambrose, President of Lockheed Martin Space Systems
- 2015 Government Winner: Lieutenant General John W. “Jay” Raymond, Deputy Chief of Staff, Operations, Headquarters United States Air Force
- 2015 Industry Winner: Mr. Martin C. Faga, retired President and Chief Executive Officer of the MITRE Corporation
- 2014 Government Winner: General John Hyten, Commander, Air Force Space Command
- 2014 Industry Winner: Ms. Kay Sears
- 2013 : Ms. Betty Sapp and Mr. Jeff Harris
- 2012: Lt Gen Ellen Pawlikowski and Dr. Wanda Austin
- 2011: Gen Willie Shelton and Ms. Joanne Maguire
- 2010: Lt Gen Tom Sheridan and Dr. Ron Sugar
- 2009: Gen Robert Kehler
- 2008: Mr. Mike Gass
- 2007: Lt Gen Mike Hamel and Mr. Bill Maikisch
- 2006: Dr. Bill Ballhaus
Senior Director, Strategy and Business Development