Effective cooperation among defense industry, university, government and military representatives is vital to U.S. defense manufacturing efforts. The NDIA Manufacturing Division aids industry/government/academia interaction in technology areas directly related to manufacturing research, design, development, testing and production. Through such interaction, these groups exchange information and views that benefit the development of advanced technology for the war fighter.
ObjectiveThe division works to:
- Advocate national support for defense manufacturing.
- Promote defense manufacturing excellence.
- Support promising technologies, processes and implementation methodologies.
- Conduct manufacturing research and study efforts.
- Conduct government/industry forums focused on defense manufacturing.
For more information about this division, download the Manufacturing Division one-pager!
Cybersecurity is not simply a corporate concern; it is a supply chain issue. This report explores how the United States Department of Defense supply chain has responded to the recent DFARS requirement. The results show that supply chain cybersecurity is critical but that the weakest link is the small to medium sized firm found in the upstream supply chain. Important recommendations are provided. Read More
Technology Committee Webinars
The Technology Committee launched a series of technology interchange webinars. Visit the committee page to view.