U.S. Finland Defense and Security Industrial Seminar
When: February 26, 2020
Where: Embassy of Finland, Washington DC
International Division Meeting
March 4, 2020
1:00 - 3:00 pm
RSVP to Britt Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.
The NDIA International Division invites you to join us on Wednesday, March 4, at NDIA Headquarters for our next Division meeting. Our featured speakers will be from the Navy International Programs Office (NIPO). The expected NIPO participants include:
- Steve Poppe, Director, Plans and Program Integration (03)
- Pam Voelling, Director (acting), Tech Security and Cooperative Programs (01)
- Brian Lalli, 01 Foreign Disclosure
- Paul Archer, 01 Licensing
- Jay Wilkins, 03 Outreach
NIPO is always trying to streamline their technology security and foreign disclosure (TSFD) policy development process to help strengthen alliances and attract new partners. To that end, they would like to solicit your ideas and perspectives on the key lessons learned and best practices used by your company to assist the DoN in establishing and updating TSFD policies. To facilitate this request, they propose a discussion that focuses on the following questions:
- What is the best method to communicate our policies to industry, both when they are established and when they change?
- What sources of policy information do you find most useful as you build out your business development? Do these vary if FMS, DCS or a Cooperative Program?
- Based on your interactions with all the military departments or other government entities, what best practices have you seen that the DoN could consider implementing?
- What is the biggest recurring challenge you encounter with Navy's export policies or process? Does the same challenge exist when working with other services?
We hope to see you at the meeting in March for a general overview by NIPO and a discussion of these TSFD-related questions.