Cybersecurity is one of the defining issues for the nation, but it is a crucial for the Defense Industrial Base. Protecting defense-related information now has the highest priority across the Defense Community. This workshop addresses current and emerging initiatives that are aimed at increasing the security of the Defense Industrial Base.
HQE, Special Assistant for Cyber
Ms. Arrington will address the status of and plans for the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) that will be required for all DoD contractors beginning in 2020. She will also speak about supply chain risk management (SCRM), its critical importance to the Department, and initiatives that address this vital area.
"Every contract that goes out will have a requirement and every vendor on that contract will have to have a certification."
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about CMMC, hear an update on the status of implementation, and exchange ideas with Ms. Arrington.
Other topics to be covered include:
- Update on DFARS 252.204-7012 and NIST Special Pub 800-171
- Revisions to NIST Special Pub 800-37, Risk Management Framework for Information Systems and Organizations
- Status of the CUI and CDI marking regimes
- Deliver Uncompromised - One Year Later
- Status of compliance and supply chain approaches
- Participate in a meeting of the NDIA Cyber-Supply Chain Risk Managment COI
In conjunction with the Greater Tampa Bay Chapter of NDIA.
*Please note: This event is closed to the press.