The Aircraft Survivability Symposium is classified as SECRET/NOFORN - you must have a secret clearance and be a U.S. citizen to attend this event. Please read both Security Clearance and NPS Gate Access sections below.
Security Clearance Information
Attendees of this event are required to submit a visit request via JPAS.
- SMO Code ACFTSURV
- In the Additional Information block in visit information include: "NDIA Aircraft Symposium 2017"
- Visit Point of Contact: Chris Adams, (831) 656-3400
- Security Point of Contact: Andy Andersen, (831) 656-2450
All visit requests must be submitted no later than October 23, 2017. Please do not call Security or Visit POC to confirm whether or not your clearance has been received.
NPS Gate Access
CAC AND MILITARY ID HOLDERS: Those with a vaild and unexpired CAC/military ID will be able to get on NPS campus. You must have it on your person at all times. CAC/military ID holders do not need to submit a form for gate access.
FOR NON CAC/MILITARY ID HOLDERS: Please complete the SECNAV Form 5512/1 and submit via AMRDEC SAFE to email@example.com. Please see instructions for submission below. On the form, please list the Base Sponsor as Mr. Chris Adams, 831-656-3400.
*Please note - for Question 14, Identity Source Documents Presented, you must include your SSN.
All SECNAV Form 5512/1 forms must be submitted no later than October 23, 2017 in order for gate access to be granted. No exceptions.
Instructions for completing and submitting the base access pass registration form (SECNAV Form 5512/1):
The AMRDEC SAFE application is used to send large files to individuals which would normally be too large to send via email. There are no user accounts for SAFE - authentication is handled via email and CAC. Everyone has access to SAFE, and the application is available for use by anyone.
1. The AMRDEC SAFE application can be accessed via https://safe.amrdec.army.mil/safe
2. From the SAFE homepage:
- Proceed as Guest - Select this option if you do not have a CAC
3. After selecting one of the options above, the page will be redirected to the package upload form. Fill in all the required input fields:
- Your Name - Your name;
- Your Email address - Your email address;
- Confirm Your Email Address - Re-enter your email address;
- Description of File(s) - Enter a description for the package;
- File(s) - Click the "Browse" button to select your file(s). Upload your completed SECNAV Form 5512/1;
- Deletion Date - Select a date for the package to be deleted from SAFE. The maximum (which is also the default) is two weeks (14 days) from today;
- Provide an email address to give access to - Enter recipient (firstname.lastname@example.org) here and click "Add";
- Check boxes for:
- Encrypt email message when possible - Attempt to encrypt the package's notification email to each recipient;
- Notify me when files are downloaded - You (the sender) will receive a notification via email when a recipient downloads the package;
- Require CAC for pickup - Require the recipient to be logged in with a valid US DoD-issued CAC to download the file(s). Recipients without a CAC will not be able to download the package.
4. Clicking the "Upload" button will upload the files and submit the package. Guest users will need to check their email to verify their email address before the recipients will be notified. You will receive a link and a password via email. You must click the link and use the password to log in, then verify your email in order to send the package.
5. After the package has been uploaded and verified, each recipient will receive a link to the package download page as well as a password. These passwords are unique for each recipient (not the package), and will be disabled once SAFE detects that the user successfully downloaded each file within the package. Forwarding recipient and sender notification emails to anyone except the AMRDEC SAFETeam is strictly forbidden.