The Systems Engineering Division advocates for the widespread use of systems engineering in the Defense Department acquisition process to achieve affordable, supportable, and interoperable weapon systems that meet the needs of warfighters and provide the United States a technological advantage. In addition to supporting the open exchange of ideas and concepts between government and industry, the Division works for a new understanding of a streamlined systems engineering process and aims to provide state-of-the-art national defense systems early in the formation of policies, guidance, initiatives, and investments.
- Advance SE technical & business practices
- Promote excellence in the SE program lifecycle & across all disciplines
- Transform & modernize SE practices while maintaining SE principles
- Improve SE processes & practices to deliver system performance
- Push SE boundaries for system development & ensure efficient lifecycle management
- Provide industry perspective to government partners and advocate for SE policy & guidance improvements
- NDIA Systems Engineering Slick Sheet