Civilian Agency Industry Committee (CAIC)
This joint industry and federal government agency committee provides a forum for the open exchange of government and industry views on performance based management systems including EVMS.
The objectives of the CAIC are to:
- Promote the understanding and implementation of a process that integrates systems engineering, scope management, cost estimating, procurement, risk management and scheduling
- Support the review and coordination of civilian agency EVM policies, guidance and practices,
- Serve as a resource for EVM issues and concerns with civilian agency EVM policy, procedures, and practices,
- Analyze and identify solutions related to EVMS on major issues,
- Identify best practices which contribute to improved management of schedule and costs,
- Research and provide best practices guidance and assistance to government and industry partners,
- Provide a consolidated response on NDIA IPM and EVM guides, OMB issues and policies, and GAO issues and reports,
- Render decisions and issue industry positions where appropriate.
Topics: Acquisition, Contracting, Defense Contracting, Government Policy, Earned Value Management, EIA 748 Standard, Performance Management