Established by the NDIA Board of Directors in November 2003, the Kathleen P. Sridhar Small Business Executive of the Year Award is named in honor of Dr. Kathleen P. Sridhar, a small-business CEO of uncommon ability and accomplishment. The late Dr. Sridhar was a distinguished businesswoman and inspirational leader who mentored others to successful leadership positions in the small-business sector of the defense industrial base. She was very active in NDIA conferences, seminars, and events, and eventually served as President of the San Diego Chapter of NDIA.
The Sridhar Award is bestowed annually on a defense industry small-business executive who best reflects Dr. Sridhar’s leadership excellence and support for a robust small-business sector within the defense industrial base.
Award nominees must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Belong to a company that is an NDIA corporate member
- Be an executive of a current or recently graduated small business
- Have a strong record of business accomplishment
- Have a significant record of giving back through activities such as mentoring or charitable work
- Be an active supporter of the small-business sector, as well as of the larger whole of the defense industrial base and their programs
To submit a nomination, please click this link and complete the online form. The nomination form is also available in pdf fillable format. Nominations are due to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 15, 2020.
Please be prepared to provide the following information when you navigate to the online nomination form:
- Nominee Information (company, title, phone number, email address and mailing address)
- Nominator Information (company, phone number and email address)
- 2-3 References of the Nominee (name, company, phone number and email address)
- What is the nominee’s contribution to the small business sector and the defense industrial base?
- How is the nominee involved with NDIA on a national or chapter level?
- Business Accomplishments of the Nominee
- How does nominee give back to the community through mentoring or charitable work?
- Nominee Biography
If you have any questions, please contact Trina Dickey at email@example.com or 703-247-2589.
2019 Sridhar Small Business Executive of the Year Award Recipient:
Mr. Steve Roemerman
CEO, Lone Star Analysis