In this episode of the Emerging Tech Horizons podcast, Dr. Mark Lewis is joined by Wes Hallman, NDIA's Senior Vice President of Strategy & Policy, and Nick Jones, NDIA's Director of Regulatory Policy, who are also the Vital Signs project leads. Tune in to hear them discuss NDIA's signature report, Vital Signs: The Health and Readiness of the Defense Industrial Base, including an overview of the 2021 report and preview of new topics for the 2022 report.
Add your information to the list of ensured recipients of the report to have it delivered directly to your inbox when it's released in early 2022 by clicking here.
These are some of the questions they address in their conversation:
- How did Vital Signs get started?
- What are the goals of the report?
- What is readiness and what are its measures?
- How are the indicator scores of the DIB environment calculated?
- Why are there no policy recommendations in the report?
- How does the report differ from other publications out there?
- What has been most shocking or of the greatest concern in the data?
- How is the typical DIB business model changing?
- How does ETI factor into the next report?
- What makes working in and around the DIB so interesting?
- What is the role of Junior Fellows in the creation of the report?
- How does someone get a copy of Vital Signs?