Mastering Business Development Workshop
9/11/2019 - 9/12/2019
2101 Wilson Blvd Suite 700
Arlington,  VA  22201
Event Type : Workshop
Event Code : 907B
This high impact and fast paced, 2-Day Workshop is designed to address topline Business Development (BD) challenges for new and experienced customer facing Business Development Professionals. Skilled industry experts provide a full range of revenue growth knowledge, business development expertise and strategies on how to address these challenges and participants leave with tools they can apply immediately and share with their teams.
Challenges Addressed in the Workshop:
1. Concerns with learning your company’s internal processes and how to best deploy resources in hunting and farming.
2. Apprehensive about how to expand your network knowing there is not an immediate business opportunity
3. Confused about navigating through your customer’s organization and connect their needs with your solutions
4. Tired of the pressure to compete at the lowest cost to get prime access
5. Overwhelmed by managing and training a diverse group of BD professionals while tackling annual revenue targets.
Participants Who Complete The Workshop:
1. Learn the fundamentals of business development and are able to effectively represent their company whether working for a US or foreign based company
2. Effectively navigate their customer organizations to better understand their customers’ needs and provide appropriate solutions
3. Gather quality Intel and learn the psychology of how and why their customers “buy” resulting in exceeding customer expectations through delivering on commitments
4. Learn how to encourage customers to participate in an Opportunity Identification and Qualification phase rather than being drawn into their RFP process
5. Develop a clear structure for prioritizing BD efforts to provide accurate pipeline and revenue forecasting
6. Develop tangible skills and techniques to improve communications with customers and close the sales.
7. Learn how to gather the intelligence necessary to identify and disqualify unprofitable opportunities before investing B&P resources in low probability of win opportunities.
8. Learn how to execute the early shaping Opportunity Identification & Qualification Phase of pipeline development with Human Intel gathering, and how to use and refine HUMINT ® throughout the Business Development, Capture and Proposal processes.
9. Understand the difference between Strategic and Organic Business Development and who should execute these roles.
Organizations Can Expect Their Associates Upon Completion To:
• Add value to their company and help their team improve their BD skills with new tools.
• Immediately apply best practices learned into their current BD process.
• Learn what a successful BD process looks like to win more business.
• Continue to build upon the skillsets learned in the workshop that are pertinent to their BD career development.
See What Past Participants Have To Say:
• “New perspectives and angles opened many new doors for me.” Global Military Sales & Strategy
• “Interesting course and viewpoints that help shape BD professionals into better BD pros.” ~ Director
• “A problem well defined is a problem half solved.”~ Applications Engineer
• “The training was above my expectations and the learnings can be applied to any aspect of human interaction. I recommend it.”~ Business Development Manager
• “This training could be applied to any role in your life.”~ Physicist
• “Be prepared to learn, unlearn, and relearn” ~ Business Development Manager
• “I was completely caught off guard by how this course was able to transform my thinking about a business development role. Not only will it help my career, it will help me through life” ~ Project Manager
• “Changed my thought process completely! Behavioral psychology is REAL!!”~ Director Strategic Technologies and BD
• “It’s not about the answers, it’s about the question.”~ Director of Sales
• “It’s not about what you know; it’s how you make people feel.”~ Business Development Manager
• “Very informative and professional”~ Director of Key Accounts
• “The MBD workshop exceeded my expectations. The information and techniques I learned in the class are invaluable and I’m looking forward to incorporating these in my job. …. great instructors!
Typical MBD Participant Titles Include:
• Business Development Professionals
• Capture Managers
• Program Managers and Project Managers
• Business Development Managers and Directors
• Inside Sales, Sales Managers, and Sales Directors
• Chief Engineers and or Account Managers
*Please note: This event is closed to the press.
The NDIA has a policy of strict compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. The antitrust laws prohibit competitors from engaging in actions that could result in an unreasonable restraint of trade. Consequently, NDIA members must avoid discussing certain topics when they are together – both at formal association membership, board, committee, and other meetings and in informal contacts with other industry members: prices, fees, rates, profit margins, or other terms or conditions of sale (including allowances, credit terms, and warranties); allocation of markets or customers or division of territories; or refusals to deal with or boycotts of suppliers, customers or other third parties, or topics that may lead participants not to deal with a particular supplier, customer or third party.