Agencies issue 'shields up' advisory to DIB companies
ARLINGTON, VA -- Hawk Carlisle, president and CEO of the National Defense Industrial Association, sent the following advisory Feb. 14 to the organization's 1,700 member companies, as asked by the Defense Department:
"The rising geopolitical tensions in Eastern Europe have prompted the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cyber and Infrastructure Security Agency to issue a “shields up” advisory (www.cisa.gov/shields-up). The defense industrial base is one of 16 official U.S. critical infrastructure sectors. Via a Defense Department communication received this morning, we encourage you to do three things.
- Heed the advisory.
- Report Cyber Incidents. DFARS 252.204-7012 stipulates a contractor’s requirement to rapidly report cyber incidents impacting Covered Defense Information and/or the ability to perform operationally critical support within 72 hours of discovery to https://dibnet.dod.mil. For questions or more information, contact DCISE (DC3.DCISE@us.af.mil or call the 24/7 Hotline at 1-877-838-2174).
- Get Assistance and Partner. These three organizations can assist you.
- DoD Cyber Crime Center’s (DC3) DoD- Defense Industrial Base Collaboration Information Sharing Environment – www.dc3.mil; DC3.DCISE@us.af.mil; 24/7 Hotline – 1-877-838-2174
- National Security Agency’s Cybersecurity Collaboration Center – https://www.nsa.gov/About/Cybersecurity-Collaboration-Center
- National Defense Information Sharing and Analysis Center (ND-ISAC) – ND-ISAC is the official ISAC for the DIB Critical Infrastructure Sector recognized by DoD and DHS. The ND-ISAC is a private sector self-organized and self-governing entity; it is a trusted partner providing exceptional technical solutions and support to its members. Please email Info@NDISAC.org to contact the team or see ND-ISAC’s public-facing website at www.ndisac.org.
Thank you for your continued support and collaboration. Please be vigilant."
For media queries, contact Evamarie Socha at esocha@NDIA.org.