Lt Col Brian Stiles, USAF
Lieutenant Colonel Brian A. Stiles is the Commander, 72d Test and Evaluation Squadron, Whiteman AFB MO. The 72d is responsible for the planning and execution of B-2 operational test and evaluation including force development evaluations, tactics development and evaluations, and software evaluations. He is an evaluator pilot in both the B-2A and T-38A.
Lieutenant Colonel Stiles is from Roseville, California, and received his commission in 2002 from the United States Air Force Academy where he was a distinguished graduate. He has served as an instructor pilot in the T-38A, and B-2A. Prior to becoming the Director of Operations of the 72d, he was the Director of Plans and Programs for the 509th Bomb Wing, planning/executing all major exercises and readiness evaluations. Lieutenant Colonel Stiles is a senior pilot with more than 2,200 hours.
Lieutenant Colonel Stiles married Sherri in 2002. They have five children: Allison (14), Lyla (12), Summer (10), Grant (8) and James (6).
2002 Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Science, US Air Force Academy, CO
2004 Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Rice University, TX
2008 Squadron Officer School, Air University, Maxwell AFB, AL
2012 Air Command and Staff College (correspondence), Air University, Maxwell AFB, AL
2015 National Laboratory Technical Fellowship Program, Sandia National Labs, Albuquerque, NM
1. Aug 2002 – May 2004, Graduate School, Rice University, TX.
2. May 2004 – Sep 2005, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Sheppard AFB, TX.
3. Sep 2005 – Jan 2006, T-38 Pilot Instructor Training, Sheppard AFB, TX
4. Jan 2006 – Oct 2006, Flight Programmer, 90 FTS, Sheppard AFB, TX
5. Oct 2006 – Oct 2007, Executive Officer, 90 FTS, Sheppard AFB, TX
6. Oct 2007 – Oct 2008, Assistant Flight Commander, 90 FTS, Sheppard AFB, TX
7. Oct 2008 – Nov 2009, Chief, B-2 Wing Scheduling, 509 OSS, Whiteman AFB, MO.
8. Nov 2009 – Apr 2010, Commander, Aircrew Flight Equip, 509 OSS, Whiteman AFB, MO.
9. Apr 2010 – Oct 2010, Student, B-2 Initial Qualification Training, Whiteman AFB, MO.
10. Oct 2010 – Jan 2012, Chief of Training, 393d Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, MO.
11. Jan 2012 – Nov 2012, Flight Commander, 393d Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, MO.
12. Nov 2012 – Aug 2013, Assistant Director of Operations, 393 BS, Whiteman AFB, MO.
13. Aug 2013 – Jun 2014, Wing Nuclear Executive Manager, 509 OSS, Whiteman AFB, MO.
14. Jun 2014 – Sep 2015, IDE AF Fellow, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM.
15. Sep 2015 – Jul 2017, Chief, B-2 Requirements, HQ AFGSC, Barksdale AFB, LA.
16. Jul 2017 – May 2018, Director, Plans and Programs, 509 BW, Whiteman AFB, MO.
17. May 2018 – May 2020, Director of Operations, 72 TES, Whiteman AFB, MO.
18. May 2020 – Present, Commander, 72 TES, Whiteman AFB, MO.
Rating: Senior Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 2,200
Primary aircraft flown: B-2A and T-38A
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with one oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 2002
First Lieutenant May 29, 2004
Captain May 29, 2006
Major Mar 1, 2012
Lieutenant Colonel Feb 1, 2017