Course Details - The course is composed of the following training modules:
- Capabilities-Based Planning/JCIDS: Examines the DoD, Joint Staff, and service organizations and respective activities related to the capabilities-based planning process and the Joint Capabilities Integrated Development System (JCIDS). Who and when to influence the capability requirements processes in each of the services is discussed. Examples are used to highlight the processes and how it really works day-to-day.
- Acquisition: Describes the organizations and processes associated with DoD 5000 and acquisition reform initiatives, contrasting theory from practice. The material has been updated to include changes promulgated in the recently released interim DoD Instruction 5000.02.
- Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE): Explains each element of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution process in detail, highlighting the process and the roles of service staff, Joint Staff, OSD, and Congress.
- Working with Congress: Provides an overview of the organization of Congressional committee structure affecting DoD program and budget reviews, and explores the role of politics and personalities in affecting multi-billion dollar programs.
- Military Services: Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps modules examine the requirements generation and justification process, PPBE process, service organization, and the individual service strategic priorities.
- Special Operations Forces: Provides an overview of the U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) organization, missions, and unique requirements, budget, and acquisition processes.