Security Clearance and Gate Access
The deadline has passed to submit gate access requests and JPAS requests. We will have JPAS available on-site to assist with clearances.
The 2019 Aircraft Survivability Symposium is classified as SECRET//NOFORN. For this reason, you must have a secret clearance and be a U.S. citizen to attend this event. Interim clearances will not be accepted. Please read both the Security Clearance and NPS Gate Access sections below.
Security Clearance Information
*All visit requests must be submitted no later than October 18, 2019. Please do not call Security or Visit POC to confirm whether your clearance has been received. *
All cleared attendees of this event are required to submit a visit request via JPAS.
- SMO Code: ACFTSURV19
- In the Additional Information block in visit information include: "NDIA Aircraft Symposium 2019"
- POC: Christopher Adams, NPS (831) 656-3400. Please do not call Visit POC to confirm whether your clearance has been received.
Attendees who do not have JPAS access must follow the below instructions:
- Provide a visit request on command letterhead and submit via DoD SAFE. Submit via DoD SAFE to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The following must be included:
- Full Name
- Purpose of Visit: NDIA Aircraft Symposium 2019
- Date of Visit:
- Clearance Level: (Example: Secret, Top secret, etc.)
- Type of Investigation: (Example: NACLC, ANACL, etc.)
- Date of Investigation
NPS Gate Access
CAC AND MILITARY ID HOLDERS: Those with a valid and unexpired CAC/military ID will be able to access the NPS campus. You must have it on your person at all times. CAC/military ID holders do not need to submit a form for gate access.
NON CAC/MILITARY ID HOLDERS: Please complete the SECNAV Form 5512/1; Addendum 1 (linked here) and submit via DoD SAFE to email@example.com. Please see the submission instructions below. On the form, please list the Base Sponsor as Mr. Chris Adams, (831) 656-3400.
*Please note: For Question 14, Identity Source Documents Presented, you must include your SSN.
All SECNAV Form 5512/1 forms must be submitted no later than October 18, 2019, in order for gate access to be granted. No exceptions.
Instructions for submitting the SECNAV Form 5512/1 via DoD SAFE
Everyone has access to upload the form and the application is available for use by anyone.
1. The DoD SAFE application can be accessed via https://safe.apps.mil/
2. If you do not have a CAC, you will be asked to enter a drop off code/link to submit the form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this code/link. Make sure to specify that you are trying to submit the SECNAV Form 5512/1 when requesting this code/link.
3. After selecting one of the options above, the page will be redirected to the package upload form. Fill in all of the required fields:
- From: Your Name, your email address
- To: email@example.com;
- Short Note to Recipients - Enter a description for the package;
- File(s) - Click the "Browse" button to select your file(s). Upload your completed SECNAV Form 5512/1;
4. Clicking the "Drop-off Files" button will upload the files and submit the package.
5. After the package has been uploaded and verified, each recipient will receive a link to the package download page as well as a password. These passwords are unique for each recipient (not the package), and will be disabled once SAFE detects that the user successfully downloaded each file within the package. Forwarding recipient and sender notification emails to anyone except the DoD SAFE Team is strictly forbidden.
Non CAC/Military ID Holders: Once you arrive at NPS, you still need to retrieve a pass at the visitor center. Please make note of the instructions below.
- At NPS, please enter via Sloat Main Gate, where you will be directed to the visitor center for a pass.
- Visitors will need to provide identification and be checked in the system to be given a pass. There is only one person vetted at a time.
- This process can be very slow if there are many people trying to access NPS all at once, and it is likely that there will be a long wait at the visitor center on Tuesday and Wednesday morning of the symposium.
- It is recommended that you retrieve your pass from the visitor center on the day before your first day of event attendance (Monday if you are attending Tuesday’s tutorial session, or Tuesday if you are not attending the tutorial but the symposium only on Wednesday and Thursday).
- The visitor center is open Monday through Friday, 7:00 – 11:30 am and 12:00 – 3:00pm.