Security Clearance and Base Access Information
This event is classified at the Secret/NOFORN Level. All attendees must be U.S. Citizens holding a secret clearance or higher. The symposium is limited to the following US agencies: DoD, DoD Contractors, DoE, FBI, CIA and DHS.
JPAS (preferred method)
Dynetics SMO Code: 7L8556
POC: Jason Gilliam
Subject: Warheads and Ballistics Classified Symposium
Attn: Maria Buch/Ann Harding – (256-964-4309/256-964-4590)
Base Access Pass:
- All attendees who do not have a CAC card must submit a SECNAV Base Access Form
- All attendees must complete a Clearance Request as this is a classified symposium.
All attendees who do not have a CAC card must submit a Base Access Pass Registration Form. These should be uploaded via AMRDEC SAFE to Andersen@nps.navy.mil.
Please list the Sponsor as Mr. Joe Hooper, 831-656-2601.
Instructions for completing and submitting the base access pass registration form. https://my.nps.edu/web/base-police/vehicle-gate-access-services.
The AMRDEC SAFE application is used to send large files to individuals which would normally be too large to send via email. There are no user accounts for SAFE - authentication is handled via email and CAC. Everyone has access to SAFE, and the application is available for use by anyone.
Difference between CAC users and Guest users
There are only a few differences between sending SAFE packages as a CAC user and sending them as a guest:
• Guests are required to verify their email address after uploading each package;
• Guests cannot send packages to recipients that do not have a .mil or .gov email address;
• CAC users can add recipients in bulk using a semicolon-delimited list.
1. The AMRDEC SAFE application can be accessed via https://safe.amrdec.army.mil/safe.
2. There are two options to proceed from the SAFE homepage:
- Proceed as CAC User - Select this option if you have a valid US DoD-issued CAC.
- Proceed as Guest - Select this option if you do not have a CAC.
3. After selecting one of the options above, the page will be redirected to the package upload form. Fill in all the required input fields:
- Your Name - Your name;
- Your Email address - Your email address;
- Confirm Your Email Address - Re-enter your email address;
- Description of File(s) - Enter a description for the package;
- File(s) - Click the "Browse" button to select your file(s). You may add up to 25 files per package, so long as the total file size does not exceed 2GB;
- Deletion Date - Select a date for the package to be deleted from SAFE. The maximum (which is also the default) is two weeks (14 days) from today;
- Provide an email address to give access to - Enter your recipient here and click "Add". CAC users may enter a semicolon-delimited list of emails in bulk so each recipient does not need to be added individually;
- Grant access to these people - This is the list of people you have granted access to the package. To remove a recipient, highlight their name and click the "Remove" button;
Caveats - Default is "None";
- Encrypt email message when possible - Attempt to encrypt the package's notification email to each recipient;
- Notify me when files are downloaded - You (the sender) will receive a notification via email when a recipient downloads the package;Require CAC for pickup - Require the recipient to be logged in with a valid US DoD-issued CAC to download the file(s). Recipients without a CAC will not be able to download the package.
4. Clicking the "Submit" button will upload the files and submit the package. Guest users will need to check their email to verify their email address before the recipients will be notified. No additional action is required by CAC users.
5. After the package has been uploaded (and verified, if proceeding as a guest), each recipient will receive a link to the package download page as well as a password. These passwords are unique for each recipient (not the package), and will be disabled once SAFE detects that the user successfully downloaded each file within the package. Forwarding recipient and sender notification emails to anyone except the AMRDEC SAFETeam is strictly forbidden.