We invite high-quality professional presentations that reflect the IM & EM Technology Symposium theme of “Innovative Insensitive Munition Solutions for Enhanced Warfighter Effectiveness.”
The U.S. National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) and the NATO Munitions Safety Information Analysis Center (MSIAC) are sponsoring a joint industry/government symposium on Insensitive Munitions (IM) and Energetic Materials (EM).
New IM technologies, EM and formulations are being developed and deployed into the field. This symposium will look at the benefits of these new solutions to the warfighter, logistics, cost and safety of operations. The 2018 IM and EM Technology Symposium is the premier international gathering for the exchange of information on advancements in IM and EM and their benefits to the warfighter.
This UNCLASSIFIED program will feature technical paper presentations providing technology advances from multiple national government services and agencies, international government organizations, private industry and academia. We are interested in papers related to technologies and approaches for development, implementation and fielding of EM and IM solutions. Acceptable papers will include aspects of technology related to explosives, gun or rocket propellants and their application to weapon systems.
Individuals are required to submit a concise abstract of 5000 characters or less, no later than December 22, 2017. Authors will be notified whether or not their proposed paper has been accepted for presentation the week of January 15, 2018. Please upload your abstract via the NDIA web site at the following web link and complete ALL required information. ALL papers will be submitted electronically in accordance with specific instructions included in author notification.
To submit an abstract: http://application.ndia.org/abstracts/8550/
Presentations should be in Microsoft Power Point
Format (all versions accepted). Oral presentations will be limited to 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions. Abstracts, papers, and presentations must be UNCLASSIFIED and CLEARED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE. Full, unclassified written papers, cleared for public release, are required in order to present at the symposium.
SUGGESTED PAPER TOPICS
- National and International experience with fielded IM technologies
- Performance advances with IM/EM technologies
- Demonstrated examples and benefits of IM to our warfighters
- New and insensitive energetic compounds and formulations
- IM and performance modeling, verification, and validation
- Advances in initiation systems for IM
- IM testing and threat analysis methodologies with lessons learned
- Life cycle assessment and aging characteristics of IM and EM systems
- Novel energetic materials advances in nano material, reactive materials, enhanced blast explosives, oxidizers, and high density ingredients
- National policies, strategies, and standardization for IM/EM
- International collaboration on IM/EM technology implementation
- Novel IM/EM processing techniques and manufacturing challenges within the industrial base
- Advances in affordable, robust manufacturing technologies for IM/EM