U.S.-Finland Defense and Security Industry Seminar
11/17/2017 8:00 AM - 6:15 PM
Embassy of Finland, Washington D.C.
3301 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington,  DC  20008
Event Type : Seminar
Event Code : 8470
This U.S. - Finland Defense and Security Industry Seminar aims to enhance cooperation between U.S. and Finnish government and industry.
An array of senior government officials from the Ministry of Defense and the Finnish Defense Forces will share their thoughts about national priorities and measures being taken to support them.
Nearly all of defense procurement in Finland is conducted by open competition and most of the major systems are procured from abroad. Therefore, it is essential that the policies, legislation, and the capabilities, as well as the role of the Finnish defense industries is known by the competing foreign companies. This seminar will give a broad insight to these topics and on how to do business in Finland.
Agenda topics include:
- Procurement outlook and business practices
- Strategic Navy and Air Force Programs in Finland
- Defense procurement in Finland
- Joint development of a new generation UAV launcher
- New technologies to support defense
- Opportunities for future collaboration