Supply Chain Committee Webinars
DLA and Supply Chain Impacts
The Supply Chain Committee of the NDIA Manufacturing Division is hosting this webinar to help the Defense Logistics Agency find ways to identify impacts on defense supply chains of COVID-19, especially the small and medium sized businesses.
Download the presentation here
Date: April 30, 2020
Time: 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM EDT
To register visit: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1857852900474792460
The webinar ID is: 519-251-931
DLA seeks input on how to identify specific companies that are at risk of going out of business and explore ways in which DLA may be able to help.
The webinar invites your input on the following questions:
- How can industry identify specific companies who supply critical parts AND who may be at risk of going out of business? How could DLA identify and aid these businesses?
- What challenges are you having in engaging with DoD regarding contractual matters in the COVID-19 environment? What suggestions do you have to drive improvements?
- In the next six to twelve months, what will we wish we’d done TODAY to mitigate impacts of COVID-19 on Defense suppliers.
Ahead of the webinar please submit your comments or responses to these questions to Irv Varkonyi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Join Cathy Contreras, the Acquisition Executive for DLA Aviation, a major subordinate command of Defense Logistics Agency.
DLA Aviation is the aviation demand and supply chain manager for Defense Logistics Agency with more than 4,000 civilian and military personnel in 18 locations across the United States. DLA Aviation supports more than 1,800 major weapon systems and is the U.S. military's integrated material manager for more than 1.2 million national stock number items, industrial retail supply and depot-level reparable acquisitions. As DLA Aviation’s senior acquisition executive, Ms. Contreras shares full managerial responsibility for all aviation supply chain acquisition operations. She is engaged in the full range of logistics and acquisition planning, life-cycle management, and mission management of worldwide aviation items.
Survive, Recover and Rebound: Minimizing the impact of COVID-19
The SCN committee held its first webinar on the impacts of COVID-19 on supply chain resilience Thursday April 2. The purpose was to discuss specific actions companies should be aware of in assuring their business has best chance of surviving this pandemic-cause business crisis, and to examine at a macro level the issues companies need to face in assuring their resilience, and that of their supply chains in the future.
- Ethan Plotkin, CEO, GDCA, Inc.
- Wes Hallman, SVP, Strategy and Policy, NDIA
- Daniel Hartnett, Associate Managing Director, Kroll
- Greg Schlegel, Founder, Supply Chain Risk Management Consortium
- Irvin Varkonyi, SCRM Consortium
The presentations can be downloaded here
Dan Hartnett - Surviving COVID-19 Supply Chain Disruptions download (pdf)
Greg Schlegel - Mitigating the Risk of the Coronavirus download (pdf)
Webinar Introduction download (pdf)
You can view the recording here: Play