Dr. Desmond G. Newman Award for Supply Chain Excellence
The Newman Award is presented annually to an industry individual in recognition of noteworthy contributions or meritorious service in the area of supply chain management and its implementation in supporting the Defense Industrial Base. The award was established in 2016 by the National Defense Industrial Association, to stimulate thought and develop programs which will benefit industry and the public.
The award program encourages planning techniques or solutions to troublesome problems for supply chains supporting the Defense Industrial Base. The award is presented in honor of innovator and founder of the Supply Chain Network Committee, Dr. Desmond G. Newman.
How to Nominate
The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, January 4, 2023. Submit your nominations here.
- The award honors an individual from the private sector – no group, or organization awards.
- Recognition may be for a single action, or for lifetime achievement.
- Actions must have positive, lasting impact.
- Actions must be related to supply chain management in support of the defense/national security industrial base (i.e. supporting the Departments of Defense or Homeland Security).
- Anyone with knowledge of a commendable action(s) may nominate a candidate.
- Actions must be verifiable.
2020 - Nick Liolios, Noble Supply and Logistics
2019 – Becky Shuey, Lockheed Martin
2018 – Ron Thompson, Science Applications International Corporation
2017 – Daniel DiMase, Honeywell Aerospace
2016 – David W. Starr, Lockheed Martin
Inaugural Dr. Desmond G. Newman Award
2016 Newman Award is presented to Mr. David W. Starr (center), by Mr. Joe Spruill, Supply Chain Network Committee Chair (left), and award namesake, Dr. Desmond Newman