Annual Charity Events
The Washington, DC Chapter is committed to its two signature events:
- ROTC Scholarship Program Benefitting 14 area ROTC Cadet/Midshipmen. The Washington, D.C. Chapter is kicking off its annual ROTC Scholarship fundraising campaign for 2020. We need both personal and corporate financial support. Annually, the chapter awards $35,000 in scholarships to 14 Cadets/Midshipmen from the local area 7 ROTC Units. ROTC Units include: George Mason University (Army), The George Washington University (Navy), Georgetown University (Army), Howard University (Army & Air Force), and University of Maryland (Army & Air Force). Awards are presented at an event in Fall 2019. Date TBD.
DONATE TODAY Please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to our merit-based scholarships designed for "high potential" ROTC Cadets and Midshipmen from universities and colleges around the Washington, DC metropolitan area. No contribution is too small.
All contributions will be recognized at the Washington, DC Chapter Annual ROTC Scholarship Awards Ceremony scheduled for Fall 2020. Our Nation is blessed with patriotic young Americans that continue to join our volunteer military and our chapter is honored to enable the best and brightest with contributions supporting their career choice.
2. Swing for Freedom Golf Invitational benefitting the USO-Metro at 1757 Golf Club in Dulles, VA held on Friday, May 8, 2020
Swing for Freedom! This annual golf invitational is sponsored by NDIA Washington D.C. Chapter and held at 1757 Golf Club in Dulles, VA. Approximately 144 golfers and sponsors will be playing, enjoying a fun day of camaraderie, competition, and relaxation. Proceeds from this benefit go towards USO-Metro's local programs and services to our active duty service members and their families. The USO Metropolitan Washington-Baltimore is a private, non-profit 501(c) (3) organization whose mission is to serve military personnel and their families throughout the entire metropolitan region. From Richmond to Baltimore, the USO of Metropolitan Washington Baltimore is here to serve. Your Washington Chapter of NDIA donated $25,000 last year. Let's show our support again this year.
You can help through a foursome, single, event sponsorship, and/or donations for our raffle/silent auction. See the complete list online. Donating items such as sporting event tickets, golfing at your favorite club, or restaurant gift certificates help us make more money in our silent auction and raffle! Click the link above and see how you can participate/contribute. Do you have an idea not listed, contact us and let us know?
Friday, May 8, 2020
1757 Golf Club
45120 Waxpool Rd, Sterling, VA 20166
7:30-8:45 a.m. Registration Check-in, Breakfast, Driving Contest and Driving Range
9:00 a.m. Shotgun start
2:00 p.m. Awards Lunch includes Silent Auction and Raffle
4:00 p.m. Event Concludes
How can you help:
1) Purchase a foursome(s) or play as a single. Can't make the event you can make a contribution or be a sponsor.
2) We have a variety of Sponsorships available that will fit your budget nicely. Take a look at the registration link to see what we have to offer or contact Cheryl Luczko at 703-904-9599 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Contribute to the Silent Auction/Raffle. You can help by donating items to the Silent Auction such as sporting event tickets, golfing at your favorite club, or restaurant gift certificates. The USO-Metro and NDIA are 501c 3 organizations and donations are tax deductible. As your favorite restaurant and or golf course if they will contribute – you will be amazed at their willingness to help and support the USO-Metro and its programs.
CAN’T PARTICIPATE IN GOLF OUTINGS? If your company doesn’t allow participation in golf outings consider making a donation to the USO-Metro. We currently have a $2,500 Patriot Sponsorship that is a donation to the USO-Metro. We are happy to work with you to accommodate any donation amount. Please contact Cheryl Luczko at 703-904-9599 email@example.com to discuss.
If you would like to pay with check, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further registration information, contact:
Cheryl Luczko at 703-904-9599 or email@example.com
Registration deadline is Thursday, 4/23/2020 or until cap is reached.