Expeditionary Warfare Decision-Makers Convene in Portsmouth for Annual NDIA Conference
ARLINGTON, VA – Leaders in expeditionary warfare will convene in Portsmouth, VA for the 21st Annual Expeditionary Warfare Conference, taking place October 11-13, 2016 at the Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel.
The 21st Annual Expeditionary Warfare Conference is the sole annual meeting where all decision-makers in this field will be together to discuss current and projected issues and challenges facing the forces. Speakers include:
• Col Andy Bianca, USMC, PEO, PEO LS
• ADM Philip Davidson, USN, Commander, USFF
• Mr. Thomas Dee, DASN (E&LM), OASN (RD&A)
• RADM Linda Fagan, USCG, DC, Operations Policy and Capabilities
• Ms. Nancy Harned, Executive Director, NECC
• RADM Roy Kitchener, USN, Commander, ESG2
• MajGen Chris Owens, USMC, Director of Expeditionary Warfare Division, OPNAV, N-95
• BGen Joseph Shrader, USMC, Commander, MCSC
• Mr. Frederick (Jay) Stefany, Executive Director, Amphibious Auxiliary and Sealift Office, PEO Ships
• LtGen Robert “Whaler” Walsh, USMC, Commander, MCCDC, and DC, CD&I
• LtGen John Wissler, USMC, Commander, COMMARFORCOM
The conference will include discussions on responsibilities, challenges and improvements to the expeditionary and amphibious forces capabilities in the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard. The entire list of speakers and full agenda can be viewed on the conference website.
NDIA’s Expeditionary Warfare Division will present its first award to General James L. Jones, USMC (Ret), who has made a significant impact in expeditionary warfare, at its awards dinner on October 12, 2016 during the conference.
The event is open to media. For further information on the 21st Annual Expeditionary Warfare Conference, visit http://www.ndia.org/meetings/7700. Follow the conversation on twitter using #NDIAEWC.