March 9, 2016 – 2016 Modeling & Simulation Leadership Summit
March 10, 2016 – 2016 National Modeling & Simulation Coalition (NMSC) Annual Meeting
These important annual M&S events will both be held at the Marriott Chesapeake in Chesapeake, VA.
• The 2016 Modeling & Simulation Leadership Summit is an annual event
sponsored by the National Training and Simulation Association (NTSA) in support of
the Congressional Modeling and Simulation Caucus. The purpose of the event is to
bring the M&S Community of Practice together to discuss important issues related to
Modeling and Simulation, and to try to reach consensus on one or two specific,
actionable initiatives for the Congressional M&S Caucus to take for action. The event
• Theme: "Black Swan: Supporting National Priorities with Modeling & Simulation"
• Remarks from Congressman J. Randy Forbes and other members of the Congressional
Modeling & Simulation Caucus
• Keynote speaker(s)
• Panel discussions featuring various Subject Matter Experts:
o Cities: Vulnerabilities and Challenges
o Cyber Security and Terrorism: How Do We Prepare?
• Interactive discussions on specific initiatives
Please note that a reception for attendees of both the M&S Leadership Summit and NMSC Annual Meeting will be held on the evening of March 9.
The National Modeling & Simulation Coalition (NMSC) represents M&S across all domains and disciplines including healthcare, manufacturing, energy, transportation, education, homeland security, defense and others. The 2016 NMSC Annual Meeting will feature:
- Keynote Speaker (Invited): Ms. Elizabeth Baron, Virtual Reality and Advanced Visualization Technical Specialist, The Ford Motor Company – “Remarkable Virtuality: Awesome Realism and Amazingly Efficient Product Design”
- Medical Simulation Panel Discussion featuring high-level participants
- Briefings on recent and ongoing NMSC activities
- Breakout sessions on specific topics of interest
- Developing the M&S Workforce
- NAICS codes for M&S
- M&S Research Agenda