In the current market of declining budgets and increased competition, there is more pressure than ever on BD leaders to achieve assigned revenue results. Given that there is no “factory” graduating qualified BD managers, sales representatives, capture managers, or proposal managers, it’s up to the senior-level BD leaders to identify, hire and retain the most qualified personnel capable of meeting the competitive challenges that characterize today’s government contracting marketplace.
The Guaranteeing Revenue Results® Workshop is specifically designed for Business Development Leaders responsible for revenue growth within government contractor organizations. This 2-day program was developed with the input of experienced BD Leaders and fosters participant understanding of how to build and retain an innovative BD team that can “out-perform” the competition and win.
Key Learning Objectives
- Apply new BD Leadership principles to improve revenue results
- Analyze the BD potential of your current and future personnel
- Know the 6 components of BD Leadership
- Differentiate the Leadership expectations required in various organizational structures and situations.
- Identify and correct non-productive behavior in your team
The Fundamentals of Business Development Leadership
- The key components of BD strategy, culture, plans, process, and personnel, and how they align for revenue growth
- The six critical components of BD Leadership required to Guarantee Revenue Results
- How BMT (Build, Maintain, Turnaround) organizational situations impact BD leaders and which suits you best
Building and Leading High-Performing Business Development Teams
Leveraging “more with less” in a low cost environment
How to improve your assessment, recruiting and interviewing of BD personnel
Shapers, Fakers, and RFP Chasers – what you have and what to do about it
Developing a self-managed, self-motivated, results-focused team
Why it’s about “what they do” and not “what they say!”
Identifying and correcting repetitive non-productive BD behavior
The BD Turnaround Situation
How to turn around an underperforming BD organization
International Business Development
How to compete on an international playing field