3600 - Naval Energy Forum
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
Ms. Kari King, CMP at email@example.com or 703-247-2588
Naval Energy Forum 2012
"Art of the Long View"
Join Navy's Task Force Energy and NDIA as we host the 2012 Naval Energy Forum. The theme for this year is "Art of the Long View," highlighting the importance of using energy in a judicious manner to enhance combat capability today and ensure availability of resources for future generations.
Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Operational Energy Plans and Programs Sharon Burke, and other top Navy and Marine Corps leaders will be on hand to highlight progress towards the Navy's energy goals and identify challenges yet to be overcome. Presentations and panel discussions on topics such as expeditionary energy, energy in acquisition, and international perspectives on energy, as well as case studies on maritime, aviation, and shore energy considerations, will paint a detailed picture of the Department of the Navy's recent and planned efforts to ensure an energy secure future for our nation.
These are dynamic times for military, industry, academic, and policy professionals focused on energy issues. Be part of the solution--make plans now to attend.
Appearance of DON personnel does not constitute endorsement of any non-federal entity.
This event has been approved by the Under Secretary of the Navy.
Download/Print/View the Naval Energy Forum Agenda
We are pleased to announce the following confirmed speakers:
- Honorable Ray Mabus, Secretary of the Navy
- Honorable Sharon Burke, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Operational Energy Plans and Programs
- Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH)
- Dr. John Amy, ASN (RDA) CSHENG
- VADM William Burke, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations Warfare Systems (N9)
- VADM Phil Cullom, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Fleet Readiness and Logistics (N4)
- VADM Walter Skinner, Principal Military Deputy to the Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Research, Development, and Acquisition)
- VADM David Dunaway, Commander, Naval Air Systems Command
- LtGen Richard Mills, USMC, Deputy Commandant for Combat Development and Integration
- RADM Matt Klunder, Chief of Naval Research
- RADM Michael Tillotson, Commander, Navy Expeditionary Combat Command
- RDML Patrick Lorge, Commandant, Naval District Washington
- MG Peter C. Bayer, USA, Deputy Chief of Staff, Strategic Plans & Policy, NATO
- RDML Kevin Slates, Director, Energy and Environmental Readiness Division (N45)
- RDML Frank Morneau, Deputy Director, Expeditionary Warfare Division, Office of the Chief of Naval Operations (N95)
- RDML Jim Shannon, Commander, NSWC & Deputy NAVSEA 21
- Dr. John D. Burrow, Executive Director, Marine Corps Systems Command
- Col Robert Charette, Director, USMC Expeditionary Energy Office
- CAPT James Goudreau, Director, Navy Energy Coordination Office
- Commodore Stephen Woodall, Royal Australian Navy, Naval Attaché, Embassy of Australia
- Lt Col Per Lyse Rasmussen, Assistant Defense, Military, Naval, and Air Attaché, Royal Danish Embassy
- Mr. Gordan Evans Van Hook, Senior Director, Innovation and Concept Development, Maersk Line, Ltd.
- Mr. Jimmy Samartzis, Managing Director of Global Environmental Affairs, United Airlines
- Mr. Mike McAdams, President, Advanced Biofuels Association
- Mr. Mike Ritzenthaler, Senior Research Analyst, Piper Jaffray
- Mr. Andrew Walmsley, Director of Congressional Relations, American Farm Bureau Federation
- Ms. Phyllis Cuttino, Director, Clean Energy Program, Pew Environment Group
Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Ave
NW Washington, DC 20004
Tel: (202) 312-1300
All Attendees should have a Photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport, etc) to gain entry to the building.
The Federal Triangle Metro stop (orange & blue lines) is connected to the Ronald Reagan Building by a covered passageway. Follow signs inside station to Ronald Reagan Building. Once inside the building, and past security, walk straight down the corridor to enter the Atrium. Once you've passed through the circular passageway, bear right to the Atrium Ballroom.
Daily parking is available in an underground parking garage. Access is available via 13½ Street (off Pennsylvania Avenue) and via two entrances on 14th Street from 5:00 am until 2:00 am.
Guests and attendees should allow extra time for parking, as all guests will need to have a photo ID and vehicles will be screened upon entry. There is no overnight parking for guests. The maximum overhead clearance in the garage is 7 feet.
Follow posted GREEN signs for the Atrium elevator banks.
A CONCIERGE DESK IS LOCATED NEAR EACH ENTRANCE DOOR FOR ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE
A formal room block has not been reserved for this event.
If traveling to the D.C. area, arrive at Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA). For hotels near the Forum location, please click here.
Online Registration is now CLOSED!
Registration will be available at the Forum, beginning at 7am.
Now - 10/12/12
Industry NDIA Member
|Industry Non-NDIA Member*
^Includes a free three-year NDIA membership and subscription to National Defense magazine for military and government employees.
*Registration fees for non-NDIA (or affiliate) members include a one-year non-refundable NDIA membership—$15.00 will be applied for your 12 month subscription to National Defense magazine.
Please be sure you are registering with the correct credit card or form of payment, as a $25 fee will be applied to registrations switching credit cards or forms of payment.
Cancellation & Substitution Policy
All cancellations on/before October 12 will receive a refund minus a cancellation fee of $75. Refunds will not be given for cancellations after October 12. Substitutions are welcome in lieu of cancellations! Substitutions and cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering someone other than yourself?
Download and complete the Registration Form, then fax to (703) 522-1885.
Appropriate attire for the Forum will be Navy Service Dress Blue or business attire for civilians.
Attendees will have the opportunity to visit with representatives from the following offices during the Forum:
- Naval Air Systems Command
- N45 (Navy Energy & Environmental Readiness)
- Department of the Navy Office of Small Business Programs
- USMC Expeditionary Energy Office
- Office of Naval Research
NDIA supports the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Attendees with special needs or allergies/dietary restrictions should contact Kari King at 703-247-2588 prior to October 10, 2012.
Increase your company or organization's exposure by becoming a Sponsor! With a Sponsorship of $5000, you will receive your organization's name on the back cover of the onsite brochure, a 350-word company description in the onsite brochure, main podium recognition, signage throughout the conference, and a hotlink right HERE to your organization's website.
For more information or to sign up, please contact Sam Campagna at email@example.com or Kari King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NDIA POC: Kari King, CMP, Associate Director, email@example.com or (703) 247-2588.