Registration and breakfast will open at 7:00 am with welcoming remarks at 8:00 am. Please allot an extra 45 minutes to get through MITRE’s security.
At registration check-in, please be prepared to present the following at security and registration:
- Government: Government employee ID badge
- Industry and Academia: Government issued form of ID (driver’s license or passport)
Each attendee will receive a name badge that must be worn at all times.
Appropriate dress for the symposium is business attire for civilians or uniform of the day for military personnel.
NO electronics or mobile devices, including any GPS enabled watches or fitness trackers, are allowed in the meeting space for the classified section. It is best to leave them in your vehicle. Lockers or holding table will be available if you must bring electronics inside.
Parking is available in the East and West parking lots.
- Take the Metro Silver Line train to the McLean Station.
- After exiting the fare gates, stay to the right and follow signs for “South Entrance/Buses/Parking/Kiss and Ride.”
- Cross the pedestrian bridge over Dolley Madison Blvd. (Rt. 123) and then take the escalator/elevator down to street level before walking uphill on Colshire Drive toward the main MITRE campus.
- Walking from the fare gates to the MITRE 1 lobby takes about 7 to 11 minutes.
You may also ride the MITRE Metro/Interoffice Shuttle from the kiss-and-ride area of the station. Look for a white van with a red sign on the door that reads “MITRE Metro Shuttle.” Note that the MITRE Metro A shuttle travels to the MITRE 2 and MITRE 4 buildings and returns to the Metro while the MITRE Metro B shuttle travels between the Metro station and the Kiss-n-Ride parking area. You can take the shuttle to the MITRE 2 building and then walk to the MITRE 1 building where the conference will be held.
Please consult the shuttle schedule to help you board at the right time to minimize your trip. Be prepared to show your MITRE or government ID or related MITRE correspondence (event registration or invitation, etc.) to the shuttle driver.
Below is a list of area airports with estimated mileage and time frame to arrive at the MITRE campus. You can find more detailed directions here.
Washington Dulles International Airport – IAD
Distance: 15 miles
Drive time: 20 minutes
Estimated taxi fare: $35 (one way)
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport - DCA
Distance: 15 miles
Drive time: 30 minutes
Estimated taxi fare: $45 (one way)
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport – BWI
Distance: 46 miles
Drive time: 60 minutes
Estimated taxi fare: $90 (one way)