NDIA Iowa-Illinois Chapter 10th Annual Midwest Small Business Government Contracting Symposium
5/24/2017 - 5/25/2017
1201 River Drive
Moline,  IL  61265
Event Type : Chapter, Conference, Exhibit, Luncheon, Symposium
Event Code : C105
Great Networking Opportunity!
If you are in construction, IT, manufacturing/manufacturing support or professional services firm, there is something for you at this year’s symposium!
Wednesday May 24 Advanced Planning Briefing to Industry
What is it? All major buying activities on the Rock Island Arsenal, including the Rock Island District Corps of Engineers will present their forecasted programs and opportunities. Plus, engage in potential discussions related to the briefings with the program and requirements offices.
What is it? Don’t worry this year about not having traffic to your booth and/or not having any potential business opportunities PLUS no competition with other presentations. This day is all about making connections and finding business partnerships! The entire intent of the event is to provide opportunities for small and large companies to engage with the Rock Island Arsenal agencies with a need for their services, regional company buyers with a need to expand supply chain/suppliers and network with other regional businesses for potential partnerships.
There will also be various “conversation stations” set up throughout the venue for you to engage in brief discussions about various small business and contracting topics, as well as brief company discussions with the businesses that are exhibiting.
What’s valuable about this set up this year?
There is something for everybody in a number of industries, and with the new networking format, every exhibitor is a buyer!
- Availability of attendee/full exhibitor list prior to the event to be able to do research/set up discussions ahead of time.
- Attendees will have the ability to engage directly with the Government agencies from the Rock Island Arsenal to allow for real follow on discussions from the previous days’ Industry Day and APBI presentations. The agencies will have representatives from small business, contracting and the requirements/program offices (as available) to provide you with the most valuable communication tools to market your business, and learn how to do business better with these agencies.
- Regional businesses and Rock Island Arsenal “prime contractors” will also be available to discuss how to better be involved as part of their supply chain for Government or commercial work.
- A one stop shop resource/technical assistance provider exhibit (PTAC, SBA and more) will be able to answer any of your questions during the networking to ensure your conversations with the agencies and other businesses are as valuable as possible.
- Informal Roundtable discussions throughout the day, within the networking area, to discuss trending topics such as mentor protégé programs, non-manufacturer rule and SBA loan/surety bond programs.
- Exhibiting businesses hosting informal discussions throughout the day to educate attendees on their needs for potential suppliers.
Iowa-Illinois Chapter POC
Phone (563) 650-3252
For more info contact email@example.com.