Post-Election Analysis: Implications for National Security and Defense
11/15/2016 - 11/15/2016
1101 K Street NW, Suite 500
Washington,  DC  20005
Event Type : Forum
Event Code : 7LD1
Executive National Security Forum Series
The purpose of the “Executive National Security Forum” is to bring together current and former leaders from the defense community, Congress, industry, and academia to discuss and offer solutions to our nation’s foremost national security challenges. Regardless of the election outcome, the next President and their administration will face significant national security challenges. Issues such as the budget and sequestration, ongoing conflict in the Middle East, continued Russian aggression in Eurasia and competition with China, the proliferating cyber threat, and the ever-present threat of nuclear weapons, will require difficult decisions. This event will explore how the new administration will address these challenges from a policy, personnel, and programming standpoint, and project what that will mean for the defense industry.
Panel discussion featuring:
- Moderator: Rob Levinson, Senior Defense Analyst, Bloomberg Government
- Roger Zakheim, Partner, Covington and Burling, LLP; NDIA Senior Fellow
- Todd Harrison, Director, Defense Budget Analysis; Senior Fellow, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Elizabeth King, Minority Staff Director, Senate Armed Services Committee (Invited)
- Byron Callan, Managing Director, Capital Alpha Partners, LLC
Press: This event is open to the press. If you are a member of the press and plan to attend, in lieu of registration please contract Ms. Ashley Saunders at email@example.com or (703) 247-2579.
For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org.