ANNUAL RED BALL EXPRESS AWARD
The annual Tactical Wheeled Vehicles Division award for exceptional contributions in the Tactical Wheeled Vehicle community
- Purpose. In recognition of superb contributions to Tactical Wheeled Vehicles, the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) and public leadership or achievement that results in significant contributions to the development, introduction or support of Tactical Wheeled Vehicles. The recipient must have made significant contributions that led to the strengthening of our national security by developing, procuring, or supporting Tactical Wheeled Vehicles or enabling critical technologies that contribute to the same.
- Policy. It is the policy of the NDIA Tactical Wheeled Vehicles Division to recognize those achievements by relevant government or industry organizations or individuals that are particularly noteworthy to the Tactical Wheeled Vehicle community.
- The NDIA Tactical Wheeled Vehicles Division will solicit nominations for the Red Ball Express award prior to the annual NDIA Tactical Wheeled Vehicles conference. The solicitation will be posted to the NDIA Tactical Wheeled Vehicle division website and via email to the Tactical Wheeled Vehicle community.
- Individuals or organizations can be nominated by members of the TWV division, other industry members, or government officials.
- Nominations will be limited to two pages, naming the organization/individual, the nomination category for consideration (government or industry) and describing the individual’s or the organization’s achievement. There is no limit to the timeframe for consideration for the award, i.e. it is not limited to the last year calendar year.
- Nominations will be due 6 weeks after the division has solicited for Red Ball Express award candidates.
- Completed nominations should be sent to the vice chairman of the NDIA Tactical Wheeled Vehicles Division, who will serve as the award chairman. The Vice Chairman, in coordination with the Chairman, will form a sub-committee of three to five TWV Committee members who will review all award nominees. The Vice Chairman will provide his sub-committee report along with one recommended award winner to the Division Chairman at least 45 days prior to the commencement of the NDIA Tactical Wheeled Vehicles Conference. The award winner must be approved by a majority vote of the full TWV Steering Committee.
- The division will notify the chain of command of the selected individual/organization before announcing the winner.
- The award will be presented at the NDIA Tactical Wheeled Vehicles Conference.
- If the committee deems none of the nominees justify receipt of the award, or if there are no nominees in a given year, the award will not be presented.
4. Award. The Red Ball Express award will consist of a NDIA Tactical Wheeled Vehicle citation and a NDIA gold medal suitably engraved.