Effective cooperation among defense industry, university, government and military representatives is vital to U.S. defense manufacturing efforts. The NDIA Manufacturing Division aids industry/government/academia interaction in technology areas directly related to manufacturing research, design, development, testing and production. Through such interaction, these groups exchange information and views that benefit the development of advanced technology for the war fighter.
ObjectiveThe division works to:
- Advocate national support for defense manufacturing.
- Promote defense manufacturing excellence.
- Support promising technologies, processes and implementation methodologies.
- Conduct manufacturing research and study efforts.
- Conduct government/industry forums focused on defense manufacturing.