NDIA Model Chapter Program
The Model Chapter Program established in 2001 to promote the continuing relationship and open communication between National and its chapters.
The below criteria allows each chapter to measure its own performance and determine whether or not it meets the necessary goals of achieving Model Chapter status. Once the award criteria have been fulfilled by a chapter, its board leadership is encouraged to submit documentation to NDIA Membership & Chapters Department for review and approval. Due to NDIA internal management and guidelines, several of the criteria are mandatory *.
Each chapter attaining Model Chapter status will receive special recognition:
- Customized podium banner inscribed with the chapter’s name and current year in which to display at local functions and events.
-Model Chapter lapel pins for distribution to chapter board members.
-Special mention for inclusion in National Defense magazine, and posting on the NDIA website.
- Receive a monetary award.
MODEL CHAPTER CRITERIA
(Mandatory criteria *)
1. Designate a board member to participate in and/or support at least one of the NDIA 37 Divisions. For example: STEM, Small Business, etc. Attempt to conduct at least one function related to that Division.
2. Ensure ALL board members of the chapter are NDIA members in good-standing. *
3. Designate a NDIA chapter board member liaison with the local Women In Defense (WID) Chapter board to promote mutual support and joint ventures (should be reciprocal). Not applicable if there is not a local WID Chapter.
4. Must have NDIA chapter bylaws approved with signatures of current chapter and NDIA presidents. *
5. Ensure chapter is financially self-sustaining with annual income exceeding annual expenses. *
6. Submit fiscal year financial report no later than required date. *
7. Coordinate chapter event with NDIA to prevent schedule conflicts within a geographic area. *
8. Initiate frequent communication with members via e-mail, chapter website, and other sources of outreach (A current chapter member list will be provided from NDIA upon request.)
9. Provide current Board of Directors contact information twice per year: 1 June & 1 Dec 2016.
10. Participate in local military and educational initiatives in the areas of STEM, local college’s ROTC Military Programs, Wounded Warriors, USO, and Fisher House, etc. *
11. Conduct events that will strengthen NDIA corporate, individual, and free government growth. Each chapter should attempt to maintain or exceed the previous year’s membership total.
12. Develop and monitor content of chapter developed website in areas of NDIA chapter logo, current chapter board member list, events, and NDIA privacy statement link.
13. Maintain quality of NDIA branding in all chapter publications (Newsletters, Brochures, Letterhead).
14. Nominate annually a candidate for one of NDIA’s major awards (Forrestal and Sridhar) in prescribed format and by the required due date.
15. Submit at least one substantive issue for potential inclusion in NDIA’s annual “Top Issues” document in the prescribed format and by the required due date. *
- Top of Page -