2015 NDIA Lawrence F. Skibbie Graduate Scholarship Award
Nature of Scholarship
The National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) Lawrence F. Skibbie Graduate Student Scholarship of up to $10,000 is intended to support one or more advanced graduate student(s) in engineering, science, or management. The award will also include a suitable plaque.
The applicant must be enrolled or accepted for a full-time masters or doctoral program in:
- Engineering (e.g. Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Aeronautical)
- Science (Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics)
- Management – disciplines relevant to the interests of the NDIA mission
In addition, the applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- The applicant must successfully complete undergraduate studies by the end of Summer Term 2015.
- No person, nor any member of his or her immediate family, who is connected with the selection of the scholarship recipient(s) shall be eligible to receive the award.
- The applicant must have a stated interest and career goal in the defense or national security industry.
- The award will be based on student merit and needs as determined from the submitted application documents.
Condition of Award
- The scholarship shall not exceed “in state” tuition and fee costs and will be made directly to the educational institution and is subject to the established procedures/policies of the applicant’s institution.
- If the successful applicant terminates his/her graduate studies and there are remaining funds, the institution will retain such funds for award to another student of their choice following the above eligibility guidelines.
Selection Panel/Scholarship Administration
Final selection of awardee(s) will be made by the Executive Committee of NDIA. Administration of the scholarship program will reside with the headquarters, NDIA.
To Apply, Submit the Following by the Submission Deadline:
(Failure to comply with deadlines will disqualify applicant)
- Undergraduate transcript
- Graduate transcript (if applicable)
- Synopsis of how the scholarship will aid student in career pursuit (not more than 500 words)
- Recommendations from major advisor and one professor from the aforementioned disciplines
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Endorsement of the applicant by the Director of Graduate Programs from the institution
- Personal resume to include positions, outstanding awards, publications (if any), and leadership capabilities
- Postmarked by August 1, 2015
- Award Announcement:
September 30, 2015
Please direct further inquiries and provide submissions to:
National Defense Industrial Association
VP, Business Operations
2111 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 400
Arlington, VA 22201-3061
NDIA headquarters: (703) 522-1820
Visit our website at www.ndia.org to learn about the NDIA community.
- Top of Page -