Undersea Warfare Division Newsletter (PDF - Mar 2013)
January 30, 2013 - We regret that the 2013 Joint Undersea Warfare Technology Spring Conference has been cancelled. All paid registration fees have been fully refunded. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused. Please remember all registrants are responsible for cancelling any travel arrangements that were made.
UWD Executive Board Presentation (PDF - Feb 2013)
Undersea Warfare Division Newsletter (PDF - Sept 2012)
UWD Executive Board Presentation (PDF - Jul 2012)
Undersea Warfare Division Newsletter (PDF - Mar 2012)
UWD Biennial Report, The State of the USW Industry (PDF - Nov 2011)
Documents and Presentations
Undersea Warfare Division Awards Directives
Download/Print/View (PDF) current/previous Weakley, Martell-Bushnell, Ringenberg, and Jarabak award winners.
Download/Print/View (PDF) current/previous bronze award winners.
Executive Board Briefings
- NDIA UWD Input to Top Issue Paper 2011 (PDF - Jul 2010)
- State of the Undersea Warfare Division (PDF - Mar 2010)
- Briefing - State of the USW Industrial Base (PDF - Aug 2009)
- Report - State of the USW Industrial Base (PDF - Aug 2009)
- Emerging Naval Warfare: Mines and UWIEDs in US Ports and Waterways (PDF - Oct 2008), Mr. Scott Truver, Gryphon Technologies
- U.S. Navy Mine Countermeasures (PDF - Oct 2008), CDR Dave Herbert, OPNAV N852
Past Division Newsletters
The Undersea Warfare (USW) Division concentrates on the Navy's key core competency mission of countering submarine and mine threats to the free and open flow of sea borne commerce and to the conduct of power projection from the sea. The division is very broadly based. All Navy platforms and elements of the Navy force structure are involved in undersea warfare: submarines, surface combatants, fixed and rotary wing aircraft, surveillance units, and the Navy's command and control infrastructure. The USW Division has five active Technical Committees: Sensor Systems, Mine Warfare Systems, Undersea Vehicles (including weapons), Aviation, and C4I and Combat Systems.
Undersea Warfare Division Charter and Bylaws (PDF - Oct 2009)
Major Symposium/Show Affiliation
Joint Undersea Warfare Technology Conference
Each year, the Division sponsors two major three-day events, each of which draws several hundred professionals from the active duty Navy, the key Navy Secretariat, the Pentagon, SYSCOM program offices, Navy and university laboratories, and, naturally, the Defense Industry.
The most recent Division Fall Conference, "Warfighting and Preparing for War in the Future - 4th Generation Undersea Warfare," held September 24-27, 2012 at U.S. Naval Submarine Base New London, concluded with an attendance of over 700 professionals from government, industry, and academia.
We regret that the 2013 Joint Undersea Warfare Technology Spring Conference has been cancelled. Due to severe fiscal and travel constraints placed by the DoD, the Navy has informed us that they can no longer support the conference.
Other division events scheduled:
Host Roundtable Discussions, the most recent discussion held February 5, 2013 with RADM Barry Bruner, USN, CNO N97 Director Undersea Warfare Staff.
Mr. Paul E. Normand
General Dynamics Electric Boat
Director Navy Programs
1201 M St. SE
Washington, DC 20003
Mr. Mark Kenny
Mr. John Brandes
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Executive Board/Advisory Committee
- Barry Bakos, Science Applications International Corporation
- Gregg Bauer, Advanced Acoustic Concepts
- Jerry Bradshaw, Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems
- John Brandes, Lockheed Martin MS2
- RADM John Butler, USN (Ret), Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Lisa Callahan, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Mike Cortese, General Dynamics Corporation
- RADM Phil Davis, USN (Ret), American Systems Corporation
- Thomas Dion, Raytheon IDS
- VADM Jay Donnelly, USN (Ret), Oceaneering International, Inc.
- RADM Frank Drennan, USN (Ret), Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Jim Durham, Consultant
- Terrance Haid, General Dynamics
- Eric Holmes, Lockheed Martin MS2
- John G. Holmes, ITT Corporation
- Wayne Jakubowski, Oceaneering International, Inc.
- Tom Jones, The Boeing Company
- Juergen Keil, Rite-Solutions
- RADM Mark Kenny, USN (Ret), Northrop Grumman
- Jim Kisenwether, ARL Pennsylvania State University
- Craig Knouse, Raytheon Company
- Mike Mahon, Raytheon Company
- Peter Mikhalevsky, Science Applications International Corporation
- Skip Miller, Progeny Systems Corporation
- Terry Miller, Liquid Robotics, Inc.
- Joseph Natale, The Boeing Company
- David Nelson, The Boeing Company
- Paul Normand, General Dynamics
- RADM John Padgett, USN (Ret), General Dynamics Electric Boat
- Luis Ramirez, Advanced Acoustic Concepts
- Donald Randall, The Boeing Company
- Jose Rio, Rite Solutions
- Paul Rosbolt, Raytheon Company
- Tom Ruzic, Huntington Ingalls Industries
- RADM Michael Sharp, USN (Ret), Raytheon Company
- Glen Sharpe, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Amy Smith, Science Applications International Corporation
- Bruce Spear, Science Applications International Corporation
- Rich Talipsky, Systems Engineering Associates Corp.
- Dave Toms, General Dynamics C4 Systems
- Mike Tucker, ITT Corporation
- Mike Twyman, Northrup Grumman Corporation
- Richard Udicious, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Greg Vaughn, Science Applications International Corporation
- Ward Wilson, The Boeing Company
- RADM Ray Witter, USN (Ret), Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
- Robert Zarnich, Metron, Inc.
View the current organizational chart .
Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Warfare Systems, N9
Commander, Naval Undersea Warfare Center
For more information on this Division, please contact:
NDIA Undersea Warfare Division Director
CAPT Bruce Roulstone, USN (Ret.)
Assistant Vice President, Operations
NDIA Undersea Warfare Division Conference POC
Ms. Kimberly Williams
Meeting Planner, Operations