Undersea Warfare Division Newsletter (PDF - Sept 2014)
Undersea Warfare Division Newsletter (PDF - Mar 2014)
NDIA UWD Biennial Report, The State of the USW Industry (PDF - Jan 2014)
2013 Undersea Warfare Science & Technology Objectives (PDF - Nov 2013)
Undersea Warfare Division Newsletter (PDF - Sept 2013)
Documents and Presentations
Undersea Warfare Division Awards Directives
Download/Print/View (PDF) current/previous Weakley, Martell-Bushnell, Ringenberg, and Jarabak award winners.
Download/Print/View (PDF) current/previous bronze award winners.
Executive Board Briefings
- UWD Biennial Report, The State of the USW Industry (PDF - Nov 2011)
NDIA UWD Input to Top Issue Paper 2011 (PDF - Jul 2010)
- State of the Undersea Warfare Division (PDF - Mar 2010)
- Briefing - State of the USW Industrial Base (PDF - Aug 2009)
- UWD Biennial Report- State of the USW Industrial Base (PDF - Aug 2009)
- Emerging Naval Warfare: Mines and UWIEDs in US Ports and Waterways (PDF - Oct 2008), Mr. Scott Truver, Gryphon Technologies
- U.S. Navy Mine Countermeasures (PDF - Oct 2008), CDR Dave Herbert, OPNAV N852
Past Division Newsletters
The Undersea Warfare (USW) Division concentrates on the Navy's key core competency mission of countering submarine and mine threats to the free and open flow of sea borne commerce and to the conduct of power projection from the sea. The division is very broadly based. All Navy platforms and elements of the Navy force structure are involved in undersea warfare: submarines, surface combatants, fixed and rotary wing aircraft, surveillance units, and the Navy's command and control infrastructure. The USW Division has five active Technical Committees: Sensor Systems, Mine Warfare Systems, Undersea Vehicles (including weapons), Aviation, and C4I and Combat Systems.
Undersea Warfare Division Charter and Bylaws (PDF - Oct 2014)
Major Symposium/Show Affiliation
Joint Undersea Warfare Technology Conferences
Each year, the Division sponsors two major events, each of which draws several hundred professionals from the active duty Navy, the key Navy Secretariat, the Pentagon, SYSCOM program offices, Navy and university laboratories, and, naturally, the Defense Industry.
The most recent Division Spring Conference, "Supporting and Executing a Game-Changing USW Theater Strategy," held March 25-26, 2014 at the Admiral Kidd Conference Center at Naval Base Pt. Loma, concluded with an attendance of over 300 professionals from government, industry, and academia.
Planning is underway for the next Joint Undersea Warfare Technology Fall Conference to be held in Groton, CT. Details are available at http://www.ndia.org/meetings/4240.
Other division events scheduled:
Host Roundtable Discussions, the next discussion being held July 24, 2014 with Mr. Jim Thomsen, Principal Civilian Deputy, ASN(RDA) at the Lockheed Martin Global Vision Center.
Mr. Paul E. Normand
General Dynamics Electric Boat
Director Navy Programs
1201 M St. SE
Washington, DC 20003
Mr. Mark Kenny
Mr. John Brandes
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Executive Board/Advisory Committee
- Barry Bakos, Science Applications International Corporation
- Gregg Bauer, Advanced Acoustic Concepts
- John Brandes, Lockheed Martin MS2
- RADM John Butler, USN (Ret), Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Laurie Carter, Rite-Solutions
- Mike Cortese, General Dynamics Corporation
- RADM Phil Davis, USN (Ret), American Systems Corporation
- VADM Jay Donnelly, USN (Ret), Huntington Ingalls Industries
- RADM Frank Drennan, USN (Ret), Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Michele Evans, Lockheed Martin
- Terrance Haid, General Dynamics
- Eric Holmes, Lockheed Martin MS2
- John G. Holmes, ITT Corporation
- Milo Hyde, Atlas NA
- Wayne Jakubowski, Oceaneering International, Inc.
- Tom Jones, The Boeing Company
- Juergen Keil, Rite-Solutions
- RADM Mark Kenny, USN (Ret), Northrop Grumman
- Jim Kisenwether, ARL Pennsylvania State University
- Peter Mikhalevsky, Science Applications International Corporation
- Skip Miller, Progeny Systems Corporation
- Terry Miller, Liquid Robotics, Inc.
- David Nelson, The Boeing Company
- Paul Normand, General Dynamics
- RADM John Padgett, USN (Ret), General Dynamics Electric Boat
- Donald Randall, The Boeing Company
- Jose Rio, Rite Solutions
- Paul Rosbolt, Raytheon Company
- Tom Ruzic, Huntington Ingalls Industries
- Glen Sharpe, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Rich Talipsky, Systems Engineering Associates Corp.
- Dave Toms, General Dynamics C4 Systems
- Mike Tucker, ITT Corporation
- Richard Udicious, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Greg Vaughn, Science Applications International Corporation
- Ward Wilson, The Boeing Company
- RADM Ray Witter, USN (Ret), Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
- Robert Zarnich, Metron, Inc.
View the current organizational chart .
Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Warfare Systems, N9
Commander, Naval Undersea Warfare Center
For more information on this Division, please contact:
NDIA Undersea Warfare Division Director
CAPT Bruce Roulstone, USN (Ret.)
Assistant Vice President, Operations
NDIA Undersea Warfare Division Conference POC
Ms. Kelsey Fonnett
Meeting Planner, Operations