Undersea Warfare Division Newsletter (PDF - Fall 2016)
2016 Undersea Warfare Science & Technology Objectives (PDF - 2016)
2016 Undersea Warfare Science & Technology Strategy (PDF - 2016)
NDIA UWD Biennial Report, The State of the USW Industry (PDF - April 2016)
Undersea Warfare Division Newsletter (PDF - Spring 2016)
Undersea Warfare Division Newsletter (PDF - Fall 2015)
Undersea Warfare Division Newsletter (PDF - Spring 2015)
Undersea Warfare Division Newsletter (PDF - Fall 2014)
Undersea Warfare Division Newsletter (PDF - Spring 2014)
NDIA UWD Biennial Report, The State of the USW Industry (PDF - Jan 2014)
Documents and Presentations
Undersea Warfare Division Awards Directives
Download/Print/View (PDF) current/previous Weakley, Martell-Bushnell, Ringenberg, and Jarabak award winners.
Download/Print/View (PDF) current/previous bronze award winners.
Executive Board Briefings
Past Division Newsletters
The Undersea Warfare (USW) Division concentrates on the Navy's key core competency mission of countering submarine and mine threats to the free and open flow of sea borne commerce and to the conduct of power projection from the sea. The division is very broadly based. All Navy platforms and elements of the Navy force structure are involved in undersea warfare: submarines, surface combatants, fixed and rotary wing aircraft, surveillance units, and the Navy's command and control infrastructure. The USW Division has five active Technical Committees: Sensor Systems, Mine Warfare Systems, Undersea Vehicles (including weapons), Aviation, and C4I and Combat Systems.
Undersea Warfare Division Charter and Bylaws (PDF - Sep 2015)
Major Symposium/Show Affiliation
Joint Undersea Warfare Technology Conferences
Each year, the Division sponsors two major events, each of which draws several hundred professionals from the active duty Navy, the key Navy Secretariat, the Pentagon, SYSCOM program offices, Navy and university laboratories, and, naturally, the Defense Industry.
The most recent Division Spring Conference, "Assuring Undersea Dominance in an Era of Major Power Competition" held April 11-13, 2016 at Point Loma, San Diego, CA.
Planning is underway for the next Joint Undersea Warfare Technology Fall Conference beng held at the Naval Submarine Base New London on September 19-21, 2016.
Other division events scheduled:
Host Roundtable Discussions, the most recent of which was held January 13, 2016 with RADM Chas Richard, Director, Undersea Warfare Division (N97).
Mr. Paul E. Normand
General Dynamics Electric Boat
Director Navy Programs
1201 M St., SE
Washington, DC 20003
Mr. Mark Kenny
Mr. Mike Tucker
Executive Board/Advisory Committee
- Barry Bakos, Science Applications International Corporation
- Gregg Bauer, Advanced Acoustic Concepts
- Lisa Blodgett, The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- John Brandes, Lockheed Martin MS2
- Michael Carnovale, Advance Acoustic Concepts
- Laurie Carter, Rite-Solutions, Inc.
- Mike Cortese, General Dynamics Electric Boat
- Joe Cuschieri, Lockheed Martin
- RADM Phil Davis, USN (Ret), American Systems Corporation
- VADM Jay Donnelly, USN (Ret), Huntington Ingalls Industries
- RADM Frank Drennan, USN (Ret), Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Michele Evans, Lockheed Martin
- Chuck Fralick, Leidos
- Terance Haid, General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Eric Holmes, Lockheed Martin MS2
- John G. Holmes, Exelis Acoustic Systems
- Joe Horn, Thales Defense & Security, Inc.
- Milo Hyde, Atlas NA
- Wayne Jakubowski, Oceaneering International, Inc.
- Michael Janik, Raytheon Company
- Tom Jones, The Boeing Company
- RDML Mark Kenny, USN (Ret), Adaptive Methods
- Jim Kisenwether, ARL Pennsylvania State University
- John Linderman, The Johns Hopkins University-Applied Physics Lab
- Jodi Lingan, Raytheon Company
- David Medeiros, Rite-Solutions
- Terry Miller, Advanced Acoustic Concepts
- Mark Myers, Northrop Grumman
- Paul Normand, General Dynamics Electric Boat
- RADM John Padgett, USN (Ret), Naval Submarine League
- Jen Panosky, General Dynamics Electric Boat
- Donald Randall, The Boeing Company
- Paul Rosbolt, Systems Planning & Analysis
- Tom Ruzic, Huntington Ingalls Industries
- Glen Sharpe, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Dan Tubbs, The Boeing Company
- Mike Tucker, Adaptive Methods
- Greg Vaughn, GMV Consulting
- RADM John Waickwicz, USN (Ret), Rite-Solutions, Inc.
- Ward Wilson, The Boeing Company
- RADM Ray Witter, USN (Ret), Consultant
- Robert Zarnich, Metron, Inc.
C4I & Combat Systems Section
Paul Rosbolt, Systems Planning & Analysis, e-mail: email@example.com
Undersea Vehicles Section
Tom Ruzic, Newport News Shipbuilding a Division of HII, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
View the current organizational chart. (As of January 2016)
Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Warfare Systems, N9
Commander, Naval Undersea Warfare Center
For more information on this Division, please contact:
NDIA Undersea Warfare Division Director
CAPT Bruce Roulstone, USN (Ret.)
Assistant Vice President, Operations
NDIA Undersea Warfare Division Conference POC
Ms. Tiffany Wilson
Meeting Planner, Operations