Test and Evaluation Division
- The Test & Evaluation Division was formed in 1991 to address issues relating to test and evaluation of major defense systems and the building of partnerships between government and industry. The division is governed by its Executive Committee comprised of 22 current members from industry, government, academia and not-for-profit organizations to address both current and emerging critical T&E policy, procedures and national T&E infrastructure issues as they relate to the Nation’s defense needs.
- The division has three focus areas: developmental testing, operational testing and live fire testing. Given that test and evaluation impacts and enables emerging defense systems across the national defense and homeland security spectrum, the T&E Division partners with other NDIA divisions focused on specific defense sectors to assure that the T&E function best supports the products and capabilities they specifically address. The division’s vision is to assist the entire national defense and homeland security community by providing a positive impact on the contributions that T&E can make on the timely equipment fielding for the nation’s armed forces. The T&E Division also initiated the formation of the Industrial Committee on Test and Evaluation (ICOTE) and currently serves as a member of that Committee, as well.
- The NDIA T&E Division has three major thrusts: 1) Fostering informed dialog between private and public sectors on defense T&E issues, 2) Enhancing, at the national and international levels, the development of T&E policies that improve the developmental, operational and live fire T&E process, and 3) Building partnerships between the private and public sectors.
- In addition to working T&E policy issues, the division sponsors a number of educational opportunities through tutorials that accompany its conferences, helping attendees gain credit toward recognized career goals. The division also authors articles and white papers for consideration and publication by the national and international defense community.
- The division sponsors and presents the Walter Hollis Award for Lifetime Achievement in Defense Test and Evaluation, the Arthur Stein Award for Lifetime Achievement in Live Fire Test and Evaluation and the Tester of the Year Awards.
30th Annual National Test & Evaluation Conference
March 2-4, 2015
The Waterford at Springfield, Springfield, VA
Dr. James J. Streilein
The MITRE Corporation
7515 Colshire Dr.
McLean, VA 22102
Phone: (703) 503-0251
Mrs. Christy J. Mason, CMP
Phone: (703) 247-2586