- Join NDIA members at the NDIA/AIA Quarterly STEM Workforce Division meetings to discuss communities of practices. For more details on upcoming meetings, please visit the "STEM Events" tab.
- Support the Society of Manufacturing Engineers Foundation.
- Get your local NDIA chapter involved with improving the future of our country through our youth.
- Support the development of integrated policies around the STEM Workforce issue.
- Support and volunteer with Project Lead the Way (PLTW)
There are many ways you can get involved with PLTW. Host a class field trip to your lab, speak at a career day, or donate equipment to your local school’s PLTW classroom. Anything, big or small, that helps students become more engaged in STEM learning and creates a more dynamic experience is valuable. If you’re ready to play a larger role, become a part of the PLTW team serving your community. You’ll serve on an advisory board and act as a point of contact for local schools. You can coordinate student internships, spend a day teaching in the classroom, and help make connections between students, teachers, and local businesses or universities. Corporate donations of time, money, materials, or knowledge are gratefully accepted.
- Volunteer with DoD Starbase
- Sponsor or coach a First Robotics or First Lego team.
FIRTS's mission is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.