Industry Input Sought by USD, AT&L on Opportunities for US-Indian Industry Collaboration
Download/Print/View Under Secretary of Defense (AT&L) Frank Kendall's letter to the Council of Defense and Space Industry Associations (March 28, 2013)
Export Control Reform
- NDIA is one of the 18 members of the Coalition for Security and Competitiveness (CSC)
- Goal: Modernize the US export control system to be more efficient, predictable and transparent
- Jan 2008: CSC actions spurred modest improvements in form of Presidential Directives
- Aug 09: President Obama directs a comprehensive review of U.S. export controls
- Oct 09: CSC offers proposed ‘principles and objectives’ as framework for 21st century technology control regime
- Jan 10: CSC publishes “Recommendations for a 21st Century Technology Control Regime”
- Buy American Act
Read NDIA Blog post about export control reform: http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=52.
Select this link to see the Coalition for Security and Competitiveness “Recommendations for a 21st Century Technology Control Regime”
Buy America Act
The Buy American Act (BAA - 41 U.S.C. § 10a–10d) was originally passed in 1933 by the U.S Congress, which required the United States government to prefer U.S.-made products in its purchases. The current stimulus bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives and being debated in the U.S. Senate contains a provision which would alter the Buy American act. Please see the following links for international reaction to such changes.
Articles of Interest
Basic Guide To Exporting - Information from the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service explaining how to profit from going global.