The Integrated Program Management Division (IPMD), formerly the Program Management Systems Committee (PMSC), is the primary forum for maintaining strong Industry and Government working relationships to promote disciplined program performance management methodologies for planning and executing programs to optimize outcomes. Disciplined program performance management methodologies include earned value management (EVM) as defined in the EIA-748 Standard for Earned Value Management Systems (EIA-748) that the IPMD authored and maintains.
The IPMD actively works to foster the mutual understanding and the effective development, implementation, and use of disciplined program performance management methodologies. The IPMD initiates and leads program management improvement initiatives with the DoD and other Federal agencies for the mutual benefit of the Industrial base and the Government to understand and adapt to changes in the procurement environment.
Serve as a thought leader and source of best practices for program performance management.
Strengthen trusted relationships with PARCA and DoD oversight agencies to jointly work on earned value management system (EVMS) related policies and activities to achieve approved EVM systems and consistent practices.
Sponsor working groups to improve the state of program performance management to the mutual benefit of all program stakeholders.
Collaborate across all Federal agencies to resolve disparate EVM interpretation and documentation emanating from multiple sources.
Collaborate with other NDIA Division and professional associations to foster the implementation, integration, and use of disciplined program performance management methodologies.
IPMD Charter Bylaws, March 2016
- Performance Assessments and Root Cause Analyses (PARCA), a Directorate of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition. As the central office for major defense authorization performance assessment, root cause analysis, and earned value management (EVM), PARCA issues policies, procedures, and guidance governing the conduct of such work by the Military Departments and the Defense Agencies.
- Energy Facility Contractor Group (EFCOG). One of EFCOG’s 13 Working Groups is the Project Management Working Group (PMWG) with a sub-group that focuses on Earned Value Management Systems. Similar to the NDIA IPMD’s working relationship with the DoD (PARCA and DCMA), the PMWG is actively working to address and resolve earned value management related issues as well as to establish best practices with the DOE Office of Acquisition and Project Management (OAPM).
- A copy of the EIA-748 Standard for EVMS can be purchased from the SAE International online store at store.sae.org. The current version is Version C, published March 2013. Purchase a single copy for personal use or purchase a subscription for an organization.
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Acquisition Community Connection. Knowledge sharing portal for a variety of topics for the acquisition community including earned value management, program management, risk management, and more.
- Defense Acquisition Policy Center. Source for the latest edition of the DoD Directive 5000.01, DoD Instruction 5000.02, and the Defense Acquisition Guidebook.
- Defense Cost and Resource Center (DCARC) EVM Central Repository. Provides more information about the OSD Central Repository (CR) and data submittal requirements. Data exchange instructions for the UN/CEFACT XML schemas can be found here.
- DCMA Instructions and Guidebooks. Look for topics listed for Earned Value Management System.
Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-11, Preparation, Submission and Execution of the Budget. See Part 7, Planning, Budgeting, Acquisition, and Management of Capital Assets as well as the supplement to Part 7, the Capitol Programming Guide, for more information about the federal government requirements related to EVM.
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). See Part 34, Major System Acquisition, for requirements related to EVM.
Chair and Vice Chair
Chair: Daniel L. Lynch, + 1 (520) 794-3413, Raytheon, Daniel_L_Lynch@raytheon.com
Vice Chair: Dale Gillam, +1 (703) 431-6398, SAIC, Dale.E.Gillam@saic.com
Neil Albert, MCR, firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Barnoske, Lockheed Martin, email@example.com
Dan Butler (Past Chair), Raytheon, Daniel.E.Butler@raytheon.com
Kathy Dailey, General Dynamics Information Technology, Kathy.Dailey@gdit.com
John Duval, CSRA, John.Duval@CSRA.com
Buddy Everage, MCR, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Ann Hale, General Dynamics Mission Systems, email@example.com
Kim Herrington, Textron Systems, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Humphreys (Past Chair), Humphreys and Associates, email@example.com
Joe Kusick (Past Chair), Raytheon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Yancy Qualls, Humphreys & Associates, email@example.com
Randy Steeno, Boeing, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joan Ugljesa, NVG, email@example.com
Pete Wynne (Past Chair), Lockheed Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Christy J. Mason, CMP
Phone: (703) 247-2586