The NDIA Cyber Division was established in February 2011 to be composed of Association for Enterprise Information (AFEI), an affiliate of NDIA, and National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) corporate member representatives with significant interests and expertise in the cyber domain. The Cyber Division will be operated as an NDIA organizational entity, but directed by AFEI. Corporate members from NDIA and AFEI will serve as Division Co-Chairs, with NDIA chairing the Executive Committee.
The primary objective of the Cyber Division is to contribute to the national security of the United States by promoting communication, and interaction between industry, government and military on Cyber domain policy, legislation, requirements and technology.
The charter of the Cyber Division is to facilitate industry-government interaction in policy, legislative, legal and technical areas directly related to protecting cyber assets, maintaining access to the cyber domain, and conducting information operations. Such interaction is intended to promote the development of a secure, resilient and reliable cyber domain for the United States and its allies, and provide for an exchange of information and views between industry, government and military representatives. The effective cooperation between these three groups is essential if we are to establish and maintain superiority in the cyber domain.
- Advocate for national policies that leverage private sector and defense industry cyber capabilities
- Build public private partnerships, which enhance information exchange and mutual understanding
- Support education initiatives to increase industry and government awareness of cyber threat and technology
- Coordinate member response to proposed legislation affecting the Defense Industrial Base
- Perform systems engineering and related technical work to help advance the state-of-the-art in secure systems
2014 NDIA Top Issue: Secure Critical Infrastructure from Cyber Threats
. Download/Print/View the 2014 NDIA Top Issues to read Issue #5 and review NDIA's recommendations.
Events and Activities
Ms. Jennifer Bisceglie
President & CEO
Interos Solutions, Inc.
Mr. John Toomer
Director, Intelligence, Information and Cyber Systems
The Boeing Company
Mrs. Britt Sullivan, CMP
Phone: (703) 247-2587