Follow the SSTR Division on Twitter! @NDIA_SSTR
The principal mission is to develop closer relations with and understanding of relevant roles, strengths and interests brought to bear by the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Agency for International Development and other U.S. Government Agencies relevant to the SSTR mission and NDIA Division, including the U.S. Congress on a bi-partisan basis.
The SSTR Division focuses its interests on the stabilization of host nations and otherwise helps achieve U.S. foreign policy and national security objectives based on the application of “Smart Power” elements, including but not limited to situations of disaster relief, humanitarian support, post-crisis support for expanding and strengthening security, rule of law, economic growth, and the consolidation of democratic institutions and governance systems.
In addition, the Division aims to foster mutual understanding and effective working relationships (partnerships) between government and industry for the purpose of ensuring effective and reliable SSTR concepts, and business process systems that meet government requirements at reasonable costs.
Activities to Accomplish Mission
- Provide periodic forums such as breakfasts, meetings, working groups, and symposia for open, constructive dialogue and networking between industry and government
- Educate members and others interested in SSTR issues through special projects, meetings, and seminars
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with agencies and departments of federal, state, and local government on SSTR issues of interest to industry
- Prepare studies, reports, assessments, and analysis on key SSTR issues
- Cooperate and collaborate with other associates, organizations, and NDIA divisions to facilitate the effectiveness of activities undertaken.
SO/LIC Division Social
August 21, 2014
Crystal City Sports Pub, Arlington, VA
26th Annual SO/LIC Symposium & Exhibition
January 26-28, 2015
Washington Marriot Wardman Park, Washington, DC
2015 SOFIC (Special Operations Forces Industry Conference)
May 19-21, 2015
Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, FL
Mr. Walt Sasser
The Sasser Group, Limited
Phone: (571) 221-1669
Dr. Lewis Rasmussen
1225 S. Clark St.
Arlington, VA 22202
Phone: (703) 414-5520
Mrs. Christy J. Mason, CMP
Phone: (703) 247-2586
Mrs. Meredith Hawley, CMP
Associate Director, Operations
Phone: (703) 247-9476